Sr. Developer, Research Operations II
The Cybersecurity threat landscape is ever evolving, changing, and adapting. Our threat adversaries continue to find new ways to evade detection and compromise systems around the world. The Strategic Counter-Adversarial Research (SCAR) team’s mission is to research and develop novel technologies, procedures, and processes to counter such threat capabilities.
Stay humble. Stay positive. Stay hungry.
- Exhaustively passionate: We can’t emphasize this enough. We love what we do, and feel our work is making a notable impact and difference on a global and geopolitical scale.
- Strong work ethic: We work extremely hard, not just smart. It’s essential to our success. Be ready to be dedicated and focused.
- Team player: Our success and failures are shared together. We learn from each other. We help each other to grow and develop. We take constructive criticism gracefully and give credit where credit is due.
- Learner: Be willing to learn, to seek truth, and understanding. Take the initiative to acquire knowledge and investigate questions you might have.
- Adaptable/Agile/Flexible: Nothing ever goes according to plan, be prepared to do any task necessary that benefits and contributes to the team success (i.e. low-level data entry to high-level research design and experimentation)
We are looking for a Senior-level Developer with experience in building and maintaining scalable data infrastructure/platforms and tools for our team. Someone with foundational knowledge in algorithms, software engineering/development andoperational research is highly preferred. In short, someone who is technically proficient and communicates well with others.
- Collaborate with SCAR members to build, develop, and maintain operational research systems, projects, and tools.
- Work closely with operational engineering teams to transfer research work to production.
- Lead projects to build new components and extend the current system, where you would need to gather requirements, plan, code, test, and deploy to completion.
- Take ownership of SCAR infrastructure and tools.
- Convert research projects into production environments and integrate them with our production systems.
- Be an energetic ‘self-starter’ with the ability to take ownership and be accountable for deliverables.
- Work as part of a distributed team of remote workers across time zones.
- Work with distributed and asynchronous data systems.
- Given the opportunity, use and give back to the open source community when appropriate.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Relational/Graph Database Technologies
- External/Internal APIs
- Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering (or commensurate experience).
- Experience with Python, and a compiled language such as Golang a bonus.
- Built web-services with data processing pipelines and experience with the concepts required.
- Experience with relational, graph, and noSQL databases ( Redis, Postgres , Cassandra , ElasticSearch a plus).
- Understanding of messaging or queueing software, Kafka experience highly desirable.
- Linux skills and experience with large-scale, business-critical Linux environments.
- Understanding of distributed systems and scalability challenges, particularly in cloud environments such as AWS.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, test-driven, collaborative and iterative programming environment.
- A thorough understanding of engineering best practices from appropriate testing paradigms to effective peer code reviews and resilient architecture.
Bonus points awarded for…
- Contributions to the open source community (GitHub, Stack Overflow, blogging).
- Mobile Development (iOS/Android) experience
- Existing exposure to Go, AWS, Cassandra, Kafka, Elasticsearch...
- Prior experience in the cybersecurity or intelligence fields
Bring your experience in distributed technologies and algorithms, your great API and systems design sensibilities, and your passion for writing code that performs at extreme scale. You will help build a platform that scales to millions of events per second and Terabytes of data per day. If you want a job that makes a difference in the world and operates at high scale, you’ve come to the right place.
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industries best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.