We're growing rapidly here at Tecovas, and we're looking for a talented, entrepreneurial current or former management consultant to lead strategic analysis, projects, and decision-making - working directly with the Founder/CEO (a former McKinsey consultant) on a day-to-day basis. Responsibilities of the Strategy Manager will vary widely and will span across all functions:
- High-level strategic analysis to support cross-functional decision-making
- Board-level and investor communication and presentations
- Thought leadership for generating insights and cogent analyses to support decisions by the CEO and other executive leaders
- 'Brass tacks' problem solving that falls under executive purview - from events to partnerships to understanding our customer base (and more)
- Primary analytical and strategic support for the Founder/CEO's focuses, which include but are not limited to Product, Merchandising, Retail & Omnichannel Experience/Strategy, and Customer Insights
- Select project & product management for CEO focuses, including product launch (supporting the Product team) and retail-related (supporting the Director of Retail) projects
This role will report directly to the Founder/CEO and work directly with him on a day-to-day basis, but duties will span cross-functionally and certain projects will be supporting other functional leaders.
The ideal Strategy Manager is an entrepreneurial polymath, with 2-4 years of experience at a top-tier management consulting firm. This will be on-the-job executive training during a period of high growth at a successful company. Specific desired qualifications include:
- BA/BS degree from a top-tier institution and demonstrated academic excellence
- 2-4 years of experience at a top-tier management consulting firm
- Desire to scratch the 'entrepreneurial itch' and learn in a fast-paced environment
- Multi-faceted skillset, including communications, analytics, and an eye for creative/design
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel (structured, presentable analyses) and PowerPoint (effective, synthesized, and well-designed communication)
- Independent, results-driven work ethic
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to work well with the Founder/CEO
- Utmost character, honesty, and transparency
- Competitive salary
- Equity grant
- Fully-paid health, dental, and vision insurance premiums
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free boots!
Tecovas is revolutionizing the western market as the first digitally-native brand. We are a rapidly-growing company (we've grown from 5 to 20+ employees in the last 12 months) and we're passionate about making and selling incredible consumer products at approachable prices. Want an early seat on a rocket ship? Shoot us an application!
Important note: We take hiring very seriously. Interviewing at Tecovas may include phone calls, on-site interviews, and on-the-job mock cases. We are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, but we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit. We will contact you if that is the case!