3D Lead Environment Modeler
- Work closely with the Director, art team and other team disciplines to create stunning 3D environments and props based off of provided concept art
- Approach each project as a way to improve the look and style of Rooster Teeth properties
- Generate rich textures and materials that complement a show’s established art style
- Support the overall vision for the project while taking ownership of assigned work
- Work with production on task scheduling and meeting deadlines in a timely manner
- Communicate with production, art management, and other departments when help is needed or when problems arise
- Proactively stay current with new software, asset development processes, and industry trends to share with and inspire the environment team
- Help research and develop new tools and pipeline procedures for both current and future projects
- Mentor other modelers on the team
- Participate in meetings and asset reviews in order to receive and give out receptive feedback.
- Must provide a Portfolio and Resume.5+ years of professional experience with 3D asset creation
- Must have strong examples of stylized 3D environments
- Worked n studio environment leading a team
- Expert knowledge of Maya, Substance, and Photoshop
- Solid social skills and excellent communication is a must
- Bonus Points:
- Examples of stylized environments
- Experience working on CG animated shows or video games
- Passion for anime or other related types of animated products
- Experience with Redshift Renderer
- Thorough understanding of traditional art skills (Form, architecture, topology, color theory and UV mapping).
- Experience with kitbashing.
Benefits + Perks:
- 100% Company paid health & dental benefits
- Use what you need time-off
- 401(k) with a company match
- Catered meal on Mondays
- Opportunity for career growth
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Friendly
Rooster Teeth is a pioneering media and entertainment company responsible for some of the biggest online series in history, such as the award-winning and longest-running web series, Red vs. Blue. They also produce the globally acclaimed animated series RWBY, the first western anime series to be distributed in Japan; the award-winning Rooster Teeth Podcast; and Immersion, a reality format that brings video game theory to the real world. Rooster Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 35 million subscribers to its YouTube Network, 5 million unique monthly visitors to its RoosterTeeth.com hub and 2 million registered community members. The company was founded in 2003, and is now a subsidiary of Fullscreen Media, a global youth media company that develops online creators and produces multi-platform entertainment experiences. Discover more at RoosterTeeth.com.