The Chivery is looking for an Art Director to join the team to lead the design and execution of productions in printable t-shirts and hard goods for thechivery.com.
The ideal candidate will need to be someone who can think outside the box, take initiative and help drive revenue for our eCommerce brands. This position is based in Austin, TX and will report directly to the VP of eCommerce.
- Lead the design development and execution of products in printable t-shirts, gifts other categories to be featured on the Chivery.com.
- Drive the overall cohesive vision for consumer product design development reflecting brand attributes of the multiple company product lines.
- Clearly set and articulate a vision for the design team that informs the strategic direction of our branded products.
- Inform and shape overarching design strategy and quality bar through a deep understanding of our audiences.
- Innovate and help determine new product categories to drive the brand, performance and growth forward.
- Translate vision into action through exceptional communication to drive concepts to completed designs in a timely fashion needed to impact the business.
- Build relationships with the marketing, merchandising & ecommerce teams and own the intersection of design and demand generation marketing functions.
- Play a central role in recruiting, mentoring, developing and retaining design talent.
- Inspire a small team of internal designers as well as contract out to third parties/freelancers to produce designs for consideration and development-ready assets.
- Work directly with third party/contract designers to ensure they understand the design requirements through daily communication and creative brief development.
- Lead by example by delivering highly creative, retail-inspired solutions that fit the overall look and feel of that specific brand/collection.
- Advocate for our user-centered design process that results in effective, strategy-driven design solutions that delight and inspire our customers.
- Establish the process, methodology, and best practices for Chivery design team to hit planned milestones.
- Ensures product development design is in accordance with production calendar.
- Participate in running usability studies, collecting and reacting to user feedback.
- Formulate and test hypotheses based on user research and behavioral analytics.
- Juggle multiple projects and team members in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- 5-6 years of experience
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and HTML as a plus
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and team members at once.
- Deep understanding of data and analytics.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary.
- Profit sharing.
- 401(k) with a company match plan (after 6 months with the company).
- Open vacation policy.
- Competitive medical/dental/vision insurance plans.
- Our HQ sits on the waters edge in beautiful downtown Austin, with hike and bike trails at our back door.