We need an exceptional designer to work closely with our marketing and sales teams to bring our brand to life. You should have an inclination toward clean design and a deep knowledge of typography, color theory, iconography, layout, and aesthetics. In this role, you'll need an eye for layout and a solid understanding of what it takes to create a great visual story. We’re looking for an innovative thinker with the gumption and creativity to bring new ideas to life.
Don’t be afraid to show us those creative chops in your application!
- Collaborate on building the Square Root brand and own driving design projects from start to finish including (but not limited to), marketing campaigns, webinar and sales deck presentations, emails, web pages, social media assets, case studies, infographics
- Be open to receiving feedback
- Share your thought process with internal stakeholders, and be comfortable “selling” your designs
- Partner closely with our product designers to make sure outgoing marketing materials align with product vision
- Be curious and fanatical about learning, especially when it comes to understanding design best practices, trends, and techniques
- You have 1-2+ years of experience as a designer: in-house designer or agency preferred
- You’re fluent in Adobe Creative Cloud, especially InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- You’ve been exposed to HTML, CSS, and Wordpress
- You’re self-motivated with extreme attention to detail and a desire to produce the highest quality work
- You’re positive, adaptable, and always ready to pitch in and help
- Must be located in the Austin metro area
- Portfolio required - Candidates who do not submit a portfolio will not be considered
Our Radical Culture
Our culture is at the core of everything we do. We have fun, but we work hard. So, as we grow we’re not only looking to hire the best and brightest, but we’re also looking for people that share our values. This is the code we live by:
- Think big. Do bigger. Big ideas are meant to be pursued. We have a bias for action, iteration, and impact.
- Be Customer Inspired. Our customers’ toughest challenges inspire us to build innovative software. We delight them by deeply understanding their business and driving results.
- Partner. We’re approachable, dependable, and collaborative. We go above and beyond to help our customers, our partners, and one another succeed.
- Thrive. We revere personal and professional growth. We recognize individuality, embrace authenticity, and celebrate each other’s success.
The Good Stuff
Founded in Austin, Texas, we’ve been bootstrapped and profitable since our start in 2006. Along the way, we’ve added a slew of benefits + perks inspired by our team of Radicals. Here’s a sample:
- Flexibility: no dress code, office hours, or vacation policy
- Competitive benefits and compensation
- Cozy campus of five 1920’s craftsman homes in downtown
- Radicals get $3,000 a year to learn anything (seriously!)
- Team lunches, stocked kitchen + bar, coffee-snob compliant coffee machines and brew bar
Square Root is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.