Instructional Designer, Learning Experience
What you’ll be called: Instructional Designer, Learning Experience
Where you’ll work: KWRI Headquarters—Austin, TX
Named Happiest Company to Work for 2018; one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX; and winner of the prestigious Training 125 award from Training Magazine in 2017, Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI) thrives within a creative and collaborative culture where being at the forefront of real estate is our primary goal.
Who we’re looking for:
Our ideal Instructional Designer, Learning Experience has more than three years of experience creating learning experiences in a variety of formats for adult learners, including instructor-led and digital. Well-versed in instructional design methodologies, they are fast-paced, production oriented, and possess a strong eye for visual design. Our Instructional Designer, Learning Experience is inquisitive and has experience working on multiple projects with several stakeholders at the same time while maintaining an accelerated development pace.
What you’ll do:
The Keller Williams University (KWU) curriculum is a digital experience that’s physically enhanced—providing Keller Williams agents and leadership a step-by-step roadmap to success at a very high level. All courses are fully aligned with the systems, tools and conversations of company initiatives, such as the Growth Initiative and the Career Growth Initiative. The results from the activities and experiences in these courses positively affect the growth, productivity, profitability and culture of the learners and the company as a whole.
As our Instructional Designer, Learning Experience, you will work individually and collaboratively to build innovative learning experiences (livestream, webinars, e-learning modules, and online courses) that empower our agents and Market Center leadership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct research, planning and analysis:
- Work with curriculum team leader to define scope of learning path/experience: clarify objective (what performance gap needs to be closed?), subject matter experts, project team, stakeholders, timeline, and projected outcomes.
- Identify research sources (people, other courses, websites, articles, statistics, etc.).
- Identify, vet and interview subject matter experts.
- Conduct focus groups.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of KWRI corporate growth initiatives; stay current on KWRI goals and actual performance.
- Develop and maintain field-based knowledge of real estate.
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of KW Technology systems.
- Apply current knowledge on learning trends and technologies to determine ideal learning solution design.
- Design and develop learning solutions
- In collaboration with curriculum development team, apply tested instructional design theories, practices and methods (ADDIE, SAM) to create eLearning solutions that are engaging, activity-based and results-oriented.
- Create solutions that satisfy the needs of a diverse set of learners (e.g., livestream course, facilitator-led workshop, webinars, interactive modules, videos, online courses, quick reference guides, job aids, video, performance support walkthroughs, etc.).
- Implement mechanisms to track the results of learning experiences. Review and iterate learning experiences to improve performance outcomes.
- Maximize available learning technologies (including and not limited to Adobe Captivate, Google G-Suite, KWConnect, GoToWebinar, WalkMe, etc.) in the learning solution design.
- Create content that is compliant with SCORM and/or other standards.
- Develop content that drives KW systems, models, tools and conversations including the foundational Growth Initiative and CGI.
- Manage projects
- Collaborate with KWU Operations manager to develop and track project timeline.
- Coordinate with other divisions for marketing, communications, graphics, layout, videos, audio, copy editing, printing, production, web updates, legal, etc.
- Continuously gather stakeholder feedback on learning solutions and apply improvements accordingly.
- Communicate progress daily to leadership.
- 3 years of experience developing online and instructor-led solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional design, educational technology or related field.
- Proven ability to create engaging online and in-person learning experiences that produce measureable outcomes.
- Experience with an eLearning authoring tool and a Learning Management Systems (LMS).
- Master’s degree in instructional design, educational technology or related field.
- Superior instructional design skills and a learner-centric mindset.
- Experience with Adobe Captivate.
- Experience with virtual collaboration software (GoToWebinar, Skype, Google Hangouts).
- MS Office and Google Apps proficiency.
- Real estate knowledge.
- Creative mindset with the proven ability to bring fun into learning experiences.
- Superior writing, organizational and business communication skills.
- Ability to convert technical or complex information into easily used and understandable text and graphics.
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills.
- Excellent one-on-one and group presentation and facilitation skills.
- Able to build partnerships with internal and external resources.
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively with other team members; comfortable giving and receiving constructive criticism.
- If required, flexibility to work non-standard hours to accommodate international time zones and willingness to travel as needed.
Who are we?
Keller Williams Realty Inc. is the largest real estate company by agent count across the globe. Founded in 1983, we pride ourselves on a unique, agent-centric culture emphasizing a profit sharing system which rewards our associates as stakeholders and partners. Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI), is the company’s corporate headquarters located in Austin, Texas. Here, through a focus on cutting edge technology, education, and products and services, we support our agents and associates to create careers worth having, lives worth living and businesses worth owning. In this way we fulfill our vision to be the real estate company of choice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.