Lead UX Researcher
As a Lead UX Researcher, you will:
- Define and lead all aspects of research planning and execution
- Develop a deep understanding of existing and potential Spreetail customers
- Develop a thorough understanding of the home, garage, and backyard Ecommerce landscape
- Partner with product management, UX, and engineering (the Product Delivery Team), merchant and marketing teams to identify and articulate potential opportunities to improve overall user experience
- Contribute to strategic decisions with Product Delivery, internal stakeholders, and leadership teams
- Develop, conduct, and coordinate remote or on site usability testing on mobile and web platforms
- Develop, conduct, and coordinate user interviews and focus groups
- Design small and large scale surveys, analyze results, present findings
- Prepare task plans and research reports summarizing goals, hypothesis and results
- Translate results of the research into actionable recommendations for designers, product managers and stakeholders
- Cleary articulate and defend qualitative research findings to peers and leadership team
- Organize and lead brainstorming sessions, design reviews, and collaborative discussions with members of the Design and Product Delivery teams
- Develop Customer experience map(s) to help identify and articulate business opportunities based on consumer insights
- Manage, supervise, and support junior to senior UX Researchers
We look forward to learning more about your experience with:
- MA/MS degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial, etc), Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science (CS) or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Ability to synthesize analytical and quantitative data
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently under pressure with careful attention to detail
- Experience working with front-end programming
- Passion for design and eagerness to collaborate with other creative people
- Self motivated, organized and accountable
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
- Possesses a deep understanding of Lean, Agile, Scrum or similar Product Development approaches
- Has a proven track record of collaborating with teams outside of their organization
- Degree in cognitive psychology or related field preferred
We believe in making employees’ lives easier with benefits that enhance their quality of life. To reward your hard work and dedication, Spreetail offers:
- Generous Vacation Time. Hourly team members enjoy 20 days of PTO each year and salaried employees are granted untracked PTO.
- Health Insurance. Spreetail pays your full monthly premium.
- Home Owner Bonus. After 2 years, Spreetail supports your purchase of a home with a $5k bonus.
- Company Trips. Each time we hit our goals, we fly to a new destination.
- 3 Year Island Getaway. You and a guest get a 5-star beach vacation.
- 5 Year Sabbatical. Take 10 days off to reward your time in the office.
- Donation Match. We match you dollar-for-dollar up to $250/year, and up to $1,000/year after 5 years.
- Stock Appreciation Rights. As Spreetail grows, so does your bank account.
- Leadership Development. We invest in making you a stronger team member.