BigCommerce, named a 2017 Best Place to Work in Austin, is looking for a talented Marketing Designer to join our team! Marketing Designers at BigCommerce are responsible for the creation and maintenance of high-quality, publication ready content in support of our merchant and partner engagement goals. While Marketing Designers collaborate with all teams at BigCommerce, the relationship between Marketing and Design will be critical for the success of this role. You will be trusted to deliver content that aligns to our creative vision and guidelines while still meeting conversion and optimization best-practices.
What you’ll do:
You feel passionately that Marketing Design is a craft and a critical part of the overall marketing strategy. You have a passion for visual design, but are focused on the mechanics and operations as a discipline.
- Partner directly with requesters to deliver on-brand, high-quality content and assets.
- Determine appropriate use of patterns and guidelines for various content needs.
- Take full ownership of your work, including managing multiple priorities and creating awareness of the production pipeline.
- Advocate for and help nurture high-performing brand and content guidelines.
- Ensure content is optimized and organized for requester needs.
- A systems thinker. You quickly embrace and align to guidelines, understanding their application across channels for the entire customer lifecycle.
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily.
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to tweak and optimize process.
- Fun. You're a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome.
- Pragmatic. You appreciate the latest design trends but can easily filter out what is and isn’t useful to the task at hand.
- A utility player. You're willing to help out wherever needed.
Who you are:
- 4+ years of design experience working with a marketing team. Preferably with a product or software company.
- Be able to multitask, working on several projects at once with careful attention to detail.
- Experience delivering assets and content for large-scale digital properties, including: responsive websites, social channels, advertising platforms, and email. Experience in print publication is a plus. Specific experience required will vary depending on level.
- Expertise in image optimizing, retouching, manipulation, color correction.
- Expertise in the Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, PowerPoint, Keynote, and JIRA. Experience with Craft, Hubspot, and other online publication tools is a plus.
- Delivery experience working in cross-disciplinary teams.
- Understanding of mobile and internationalization is a plus.
BigCommerce was founded with the goal of democratizing ecommerce, bringing online selling and features once reserved for multi-billion-dollar companies to the masses. Now that we have built a high-performance platform, we are growing the San Francisco office to ensure that we continue to scale and build a modern brand and product that is ruthlessly focused on merchant success.
Everyday you’ll get to work with individuals who helped build companies like Twitter, Google, Twitpic, Visa and Eventbrite. You’ll solve challenging problems and build game-changing solutions that will help more than 90,000 clients. And you’ll do it all at a hyper-growth company with a great culture, outstanding benefits and $125 million in funding from visionary investors like Steve Case's Revolution Partners, Softbank, Amex and Telestra.
Perks & Benefits
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Open vacation policy for salaried team members and generous accrual vacation policy for hourly team members, + paid sick time
- Culture groups including a women’s networking group (Tribe).
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage that starts on day one
- Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidize gym memberships)
- Three especially cool offices in Austin, San Francisco and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven team building activities like paintball, rock climbing, social sports leagues, hackathons, movie nights, river floats, etc.
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events