Principal UX Designer
About Product & Design:
The Product & Design team is on a mission to design and build the absolute best software and experience in the local space, while driving exceptional business results. We mix user-centric design with business savvy, focusing on three key user segments:
- Consumers: a compelling digital experience that matches the authenticity and spirit of that local business. We can help you find your next favorite local joint, or love your current one even more.
- Local Businesses: we arm our clients with data-driven insights about their customers and their business - insights they can use to compete with the giants and thrive.
- Our Team: a platform that doesn’t just save time and effort, but is a true delight to use. We're building software that makes our colleagues even more powerful.
What is the opportunity?
Make a big impact in creating the next big evolution of GoDaddy’s product. As a Principal UX Designer, you will be part of a collaborative, customer-obsessed team working to deliver new ways to help small business owners to thrive in today’s broad, challenging digital environment. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing team that’s helping entrepreneurs around the world build, manage, and grow their online presence.
As Principal UX Designer, you will be responsible for leading the design of major components of the user experience that scale across multiple products, platforms, and end-to-end scenarios for a variety of customers. You're a strong creative problem-solver who has a knack for making complex things simple, guided by customer data and business needs, and someone who knows how to work with others to drive ideas into reality.
- Create usable and engaging user experiences that support customer needs and business objectives
- Design experiences to scale across multiple scenarios, products, and customers for native and web
- Proactively manage multiple projects, from start to finish, to meet priorities and requirements in an agile environment
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with engineers, POs, designers, researchers, and writers to conceptualize, prototype, test, iterate, and build end-to-end experiences
- Effectively define and document user problems, principles, and details necessary to communicate and implement solutions
- 5+ years’ experience in delivering consumer software products to market.
- Portfolio demonstrates rock-solid skills in UX architecture and interaction design.
- Ability to think through complicated design systems and challenge existing constraints.
- Strong visual design and prototyping skills a plus.
- Proactive and strategic problem-solving, design process, and project management skills.
- Excellent ability to present and explain solutions and decisions to stakeholders in a style that fosters collaboration and consensus building.
- Strong familiarity with both established and nascent social media platforms
- A passion for engaging and helping small businesses thrive
- Mastery of design tools such as Sketch, InVision, Axure, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- BA or MA in interaction design, communication design, industrial design, HCI, or equivalent.
- Mission-driven, values-based culture
- Competitive pay and eligibility for stock options
- Unlimited time off, plus company holidays
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision option
- Paid parental leave
- 401(k) match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan