Product Design Manager
Duo’s mission is to make security simple for everyone, and our design team plays a critical role in that mission. Why? Well, it turns out that security is an incredibly interesting design problem! Most data breaches involve some form of human error — someone gets phished via an email scam, they use weak passwords, or they're running out-of-date software. When human behavior is involved, design can help!
Our design team is focused on questions like:
- How can we, through our design decisions, get people to keep their software up to date?
- How do we drive the adoption of multi-factor authentication?
- How do we design a system that allows IT Administrators to easily deploy, monitor, and evolve their Duo integrations?
- Why don't people throw away the dry whiteboard markers? Why?
Product design at Duo is continuing to grow in size and influence. We help secure our customers — folks like Facebook, and Toyota. We're leading the definition and design of brand new products as well as product evolution efforts. We facilitate design-led workshops and teaching our colleagues about design-driven product development. Design is highly regarded at Duo, and we can't hire fast enough to keep up with the internal demand for our team's help!
We need a Product Design Manager to support this growth. Does this sound like you?
- You love coaching and mentoring designers and researchers, from junior to senior-level.
- You love working closely with Product Managers and Engineering Leads, and are excited to bring your design-centric perspective to the table.
- You take pride in building highly-collaborative teams.
- You care deeply about shipping beautifully-designed products.
- You want to actively participate in creating a great place to work.
- You drive results for the business, while upholding our "kinder than necessary" value.
- You noted — and appreciated — the proper use of emdashes in this job posting.
- You get value from working on a problem (data breaches) that has deep consequences at both a personal and geopolitical scale.
- You are ready to help lead us through leveling-up our product and making security simple.
Skills you have…
- 10+ years of professional (post-college) work in User Experience Design
- 5+ years managing product design teams
- Developed deep expertise Design Research, Interaction Design and Information Architecture
- Demonstrable experience planning, resourcing and designing complex web and mobile applications
- Experience leading and performing design research efforts
- Experience working as part of a cross-functional product design/development team
- Experience with advocating for design and presenting compelling design solutions to key partners
Duo’s mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place.
Our roots and values were crafted in the Midwest. We believe in enabling and empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office. Collaboration is our standard operating practice, and we actively seek to reduce barriers to brilliance.
Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, calm to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge — transforming the security industry as we know it.
Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that’s why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.