Product Designer I
Bestow is a smarter approach to life insurance using big data and technology to bring simple and affordable coverage to everyone.
Who We Are
First thing you need to know; Bestow is not your typical insurance company. We’ve completely reimagined industry assumptions, and harnessed technology and big data to create life insurance products that aren’t just delightful to use, but deliver on our mission: to make financial products accessible to more people than ever before.
Check us out at hellobestow.com
Who We’re Looking For
“Innovative” and “disruptive” can be overused words. But at Bestow, it isn’t jargon, it’s an
everyday rally cry. We are rewriting the rules of the 400-year-old, $7 trillion life insurance
industry, serving communities who have been underserved in the past, and we believe the
future is a bright one.
So, if you’re excited by the idea of building an industry-defining brand from scratch, working at a
mission-driven company, and fundamentally shaking up an age-old industry, read on, friend.
Our ideal Product Designer is a relentless problem-solver who has a passion for innovation, is obsessed with understanding people and what motivates them, and always strives to create compelling digital product experiences.
We want a self-motivated, multi-talented, passionate design thinker to join our creative team. Ultimately, cultural fit and creative problem solving are extremely important. We are looking for a team player who will approach this role with creativity, humility, and empathy.
What We'd Like You To Do
- Assist other designers in the creation of schematics, wireframes, visual design, and documentation needed for new product features.
- Assist other designers in user testing and user research efforts.
- Work closely with product management and engineering teams to prepare designs for development sprints.
What We're Looking For
- 0 - 2 years of industry experience in digital product design or a degree in HCD (human-centered design) or user experience design
- Broad knowledge of user experience design principles
- An interdisciplinary skill set or interest in User Experience Design and Visual Design (User Interface Design)
- Ability to create and maintain shared working files
- Proficiency in prototyping and design software including Sketch, inVision and Adobe CC tools
- Initiative to identify problems and act on opportunities to improve the work which with you're involved
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication
- Ability to manage one’s time while working on multiple projects concurrently
- A desire and willingness to learn
- Bonus Points: Experience with design research and/or working knowledge of front-end development
What We Can Offer To You
- Competitive salary
- Generous PTO
- Flexible schedule and work/life balance
- 100% company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance
- Choose your own computer setup (Mac or PC)
- Office snacks and weekly team lunches
- Team building events and activities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description