You'll be responsible for creating the human experience of using our software, as well as the execution of our brand. You'll design everything from user interfaces, to marketing materials, to the occasional t-shirt.
Our users are responsible for defending their companies, and even their country, against disinformation. Their work is fast-paced and complex, and it's your job to help them discover what they need and move as quickly as possible.
Our potential customers and candidates need to understand and relate to the story of our company and the awesome work we do. It's your job to help tell these stories.
As a Product Designer, you are a generalist who spans many design disciplines: user research, information architecture, prototyping, ideation, interaction design, and sometimes visual design. You will visit our users, listen, investigate, learn, and ideate. You know that form informs function and usability—that the surface layer doesn't exist in a vacuum.
Sometimes we're out in front, exploring brand-new problem spaces, figuring out what to build, and sometimes you're deep in the details of micro-interactions, figuring out how to build it.
- Work with product managers, engineers, domain experts, and data scientists to develop new features and refine the New Knowledge product
- You are the person that people can't wait to collaborate with.
- You have empathy, not ego. You strive to understand users and fight to empower them.
- You have a profound love of engineers and researchers. New Knowledge is a technology company. Engineers and data scientists realize our vision—and we realize theirs—and together we create software that our users love.
- You have a highly iterative design process. You move fast, listen, and adapt. - You rapidly incorporate feedback, and prioritize collaboration. You are adept at giving and receiving critiques.
- You are a master of tools. You move with ease across software and fidelity, depending on the task at hand. Sketch.app, hand-coding, Photoshop, Illustrator, or Keynote—and good old-fashioned pencil and paper.
- Competitive salary and healthcare, vision, and dental
- A business that trusts and embraces technology
- A leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- Flexible work hours
- Lots of available and free parking
- Unlimited vacation (and no, that is not code for you never take a vacation, we encourage and value time off)
- Stocked kitchen full of healthy snacks
- Professional development opportunities