Quantitative UX Researcher
HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is the world leader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia, Inc. family of brands.
HomeAway offers an extensive selection of vacation rental homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online.
As a Quantitative UX Researcher for HomeAway’s Global Experience Design Group, you’ll thrive at the intersection of the user, data, technology and design. You’ll use your experience with experimental design, UX benchmarks and quantitative analysis to propose and execute design research activities to measure and ultimately improve the user experience for our millions of customers. If you thrive in an environment that has embraced the scientific method as a core value, that uses cutting-edge research methods and technologies, and where you can work with and learn from other talented and passionate researchers, then keep reading.
Background & Skills:
- Advanced degree in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or other related field. Ph.D. is preferred.
- Able to manage programs to measure and improve UX quality. Should have experience in UX benchmarks, statistical analysis, and survey design. 2-5 years professional experience preferred.
- Strong experimental design skills. Should be able to determine and execute the right research method for the question at hand.
- This will be a hands-on research role. Should be able to work research projects from end-to-end: plan and field research activities, analyze results, and share actionable insights.
- Strong communication skills and comfort interacting with and influencing stakeholders in varied roles and at varied levels of the organization.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced professional setting with a focus on leveraging research insights to drive meaningful UX and product changes.
- Work will be based in Austin at our lab in our Domain office. Occasional travel may be required.
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.”