Senior Manager, User Experience Design
What you’ll be called: Senior Manager, User Experience Design
Where you’ll work: KW Product Team – KWRI Headquarters Austin, TX
Voted one of the Best Places To Work in Austin, TX KWRI thrives within a creative and dynamic culture. We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Manager, UX Design to join our Product team.
With more than 180K agents worldwide, Keller Williams Technology Group is the foremost provider of real-estate solutions, offering the most comprehensive end-to-end portfolio of products, services, and training in the industry. Our passionate and experienced team converts agent challenges into opportunities in the areas of: relationship management, collaboration, transaction management, education and consumer engagement. All in support of enabling agents to drive greater intimacy in the relationships they have with their customers and enabling consumers to chart their own customer journey.
We’re growing an ambitious UX team within Keller Williams innovation hub, KW Labs, to help modernize the real estate industry through thoughtful design.
Our Design Principles:
- Adaptable: Empowering agents to develop a scalable and resilient business that meets the needs of their clients, allows them to grow their business, and gives them the flexibility to adapt to market conditions as well as the ever-evolving technology landscape.
- Personal: Building personalized experiences that are meaningful, actionable, and proactive for every individual agent and consumer.
- Bold: Failing forward and moving with velocity in order to strengthen the tech-enabled agent and to disrupt the real estate industry by enhancing the physical real estate world with digital experiences.
- Easy: Simplifying the complex, multi-faceted real estate transaction by designing frictionless and intuitive experiences that allow agents and consumers to do more with less.
- Built By Agents for Agents: Partnering with the agent through the entire product development process in order to craft technology that is valuable and accessible by any agent regardless of geographic location, production, title, or technical ability.
Who we’re looking for:
Our ideal Senior Manager, UX Design has experience managing a team of designers, implementing design processes, and working with product and engineering leadership through rapid design iteration cycles. You have shipped B2B and B2C products and understand the unique challenges of managing a design process in a fast-paced environment. Ultimately, we’re looking for an individual passionate about design methodology and willing to play a leadership role to grow the design team’s capabilities to integrate UX into the fabric of the company.
What you’ll do:
As our Senior Manager, UX Design, you will be responsible for managing the design process of the UX team; working with the business to understand what it needs from the UX team; and identifying opportunities or creating new products. You will be expected to manage the design process, as well as develop and grow a team of talented designers. You will be at the forefront of the company’s user experience vision for its portfolio of software products and will be required to work with company executives to present and implement the vision. Achieving this goal will require collaboration with teams of Designers, Researchers, Engineers, and Product Managers throughout our innovation process—from creating user flows and wireframes using input from focus group labs to building user interface mockups and prototypes for subsequent labs in our process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evolve the current design process in order to streamline both ideation and design pipelines while maintaining quality.
- Expand and improve upon the team’s research methodologies to incorporate feedback into design.
- Build an information architecture model for navigating between existing products in the portfolio.
- Manage, develop and inspire a team of user experience designers.
- Facilitate design reviews and other team-wide design efforts.
- Collaborate with and develop mutual respect and trust with product managers, engineers, researchers and designers.
- Present conceptual ideas, wireframes, and design to various stakeholders.
- 3-5 years of experience managing a design team and process.
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. graphic, interaction, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- A portfolio that demonstrates a range of solutions with a full grasp of product process from concept to delivery.
- Prior experience working with outside vendors.
- Prior experience leading a design team and evolving the design process in a dynamic, fast-paced environments with high production standards.
- Experience creating models and UI frameworks leveraging quantifiable, trackable metrics.
- Familiarity with Agile development process (comfortable with rapid iteration cycles).
- Strong background in interactive as well as visual design.
- Ability to create prototypes quickly using Sketch, Invision, HTML/CSS/JS.
- Ability to communicate product vision and implement feedback into their work.
- Inquisitive thinker that knows how to interpret requirements and turn them into designs.
- Familiarity with design techniques and methodologies.
Who are we?
Keller Williams Realty Inc. is the largest real estate company by agent count across the globe. Founded in 1983, we pride ourselves on a unique, agent-centric culture emphasizing a profit sharing system which rewards our associates as stakeholders and partners. Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI), is the company’s corporate headquarters located in Austin, Texas. Here, through a focus on cutting edge technology, education, and products and services, we support our agents and associates to create careers worth having, businesses worth owning, lives worth living, experiences worth giving and legacies worth leaving. In this way we fulfill our vision to be the real estate company of choice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We're driving growth and innovation at the global headquarters
of the world's largest real estate franchise company!
When you join KWRI, you join a diverse team of passionate professionals who are redefining the global real estate industry. We support and innovate on behalf of over 170,000 Keller Williams real estate professionals worldwide.
We are writers, coaches, developers, designers, accountants, filmmakers, planners, lawyers and philanthropists. Each of us are trailblazers with the incredible opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the direction of this fast-growing company.