Senior UX Designer - Marketing
BigCommerce, named a 2018 Best Place to Work in Austin, is looking for a talented Senior UX Designer to join our team! Designers at BigCommerce are responsible for the creation and maintenance of high-quality, publication ready content in support of our merchant and partner engagement goals. While Designers collaborate with all teams at BigCommerce, the relationship between Marketing and Design will be critical for the success of this role. You will be trusted to deliver content that aligns to our creative vision and guidelines while still meeting conversion and optimization best-practices.
You feel passionately that design is a craft and a critical part of the overall marketing strategy. You have a passion for visual design, but are focused on the mechanics and operations as a discipline.
What You Do
- Partner directly with various stakeholders to map the customer journey and continually optimize the experience between marketing, trial, and product.
- Strong knowledge of Experience Design and Interaction Design principles, methodologies, and deliverables.
- Work with visual designers to map interaction patterns across branded digital experiences.
- Aid marketing stakeholders in identifying new opportunities for growth.
- BigCommerce.com - Collaborate with a steering committee to organize and decipher an architecture for the next phase of our website. This means driving certain aspects of the research, mapping a site architecture, and develop a strong experience strategy for the site.
- Take full ownership of your work, while mentoring designers across UX and interaction, as well as anything and everything related to digital design and experience.
- Aid in aligning visual UI standards across brand-marketing and product teams.
Who You Are
- 5-8 years of design experience working on experiences related to marketing. This is not a product design role. B2B and B2C experience preferred.
- Excel at creating conversion strategy and interaction design patterns that relate to conversion.
- Can think through UX problems with various stakeholders to formulate solutions.
- Firm and innovative knowledge of mobile design and responsive frameworks
- Can create innovate interactive experiences from concept, all the way to execution and development.
- Be able to multitask, working on several projects at once with careful attention to detail.
- Experience delivering assets and content for large-scale digital properties, including: responsive websites, social channels, advertising platforms, and email.
- Expertise in image optimizing, retouching, manipulation, color correction.
- Expertise in the Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision, and JIRA. Experience with Craft, Marketo, Wordpress and other online publication tools is a plus.
- Delivery experience working in cross-disciplinary teams.
- Previous agency experience is a plus.
- A systems thinker. You understand the effect and reasoning of design decisions as it affects the the entire experience and objectives of the experience.
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily.
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to tweak and optimize process.
- Fun. You're a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome.
- Pragmatic. You appreciate the latest design trends but can easily filter out what is and isn’t useful to the task at hand.
- A utility player. You're willing to help out wherever needed, not above the small problems.