Senior UX Developer
A Senior UX Developer at Duo is someone who helps contribute to quality user experiences through increased quality and consistency of our design and development efforts. As part of the Cross-Platform Design Team you will utilize both your UX / UI design skills as well as your front-end development skills to extend and employ the Duo Design Language as well as lead product evolution design efforts. Your work serves the entire product and touches all facets of the customer journey. You will also help bridge the communication gap between the Product Design, Engineering, and Brand teams in a way that creates consistency and outlines best practices for design and development.
What you’ll do…
Senior UX Developers will also work with other Product Designers, including Design Researchers, to identify strategic UX-centric areas for product evolution and guide the effort toward launch. The ideal candidate will be willing to stop and ask why before jumping into solutions. Should have great interpersonal communications skills in order to understand when a process or solution isn’t working and why. Have a strong foundational knowledge of front-end technologies especially CSS/SASS and accessible HTML.
Skills you have…
- 8+ years of professional (post-college) work in some combination of front-end development and UX/UI design
- Experience building and maintaining react components
- Strong background building scalable CSS architecture utilizing SASS, Gulp, Stylelint, Design Tokens, or other relevant tools
- Strong communication skills; ability to convey business needs through design objectives to key stakeholders
- Familiarity with WCAG standards and how best to implement them in front-end and design practices
- Solid foundation in user experience principles, design thinking and UI design, including but not limited to: typography, color theory, grid, animation
- The ability to self-manage and plan a project from discovery to delivery
Why you should apply…
- You embrace the awkward spaces between Product Design, Interaction Design, Front-End Development, and Visual Design
- You have worked on or contributed to a Design System and loved it
- You can focus on the details while not losing sight of the larger picture
- You love fostering collaboration between departments
- You display a passion for problem solving in both the design and development space
- You utilize and preach the ideals of SMACSS and BEM
Duo’s mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place.
Our roots and values were forged in the Midwest. We believe in enabling and empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office. Collaboration is our standard operating practice, and we actively seek to reduce barriers to brilliance.
Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, low-key to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge — transforming the security industry as we know it.
Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that’s why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.
Does this sound like it was written for you? Excellent! Please apply and let’s explore this together.
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.