Senior UX/UI Designer
Who are we looking for?
As a Senior UX/UI Designer at Compeat, you will solve business problems by understanding user needs and motivations, structuring information, designing workflows, architecting interaction patterns, and prototyping user interfaces.
Our Senior UX/UI designer will work hand-in-hand with product managers and developers in strong, agile teams. Individuals and teams are given as much autonomy as possible so they can innovate quickly. In collaboration with peers, product owners, and developers, you will increase customer retention and attract new customers to Compeat by creating highly engaging experiences.
Compeat Restaurant Management Systems was founded in 2000 and is located in Austin, Texas. Compeat is a leading provider of end-to-end software solutions used in thousands of restaurant locations globally.This position will work directly with Product Managers on a variety of projects to craft our UX/UI vision and implement this transition.
- Translate product requirements into easy and intuitive user flows and designs.
- Radically simplify existing processes by working with customers to understand their pain points and creating solutions that continually delight the customer.
- Create responsive UIs that engage customers across devices.
- Identify overarching interaction patterns to ensure a consistent brand and user experience.
- Prototype your ideas and get them in front of customers so you can learn and iterate towards optimal experiences.
- Work with engineering teams to follow up the implementation of each feature.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in UX/UI software design
- MFA, BFA, or BS in Human Factors, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent experience.
- Experience working across responsive web, native mobile, product, graphic, interaction or information design.
- In-depth knowledge of design principles and experience simplifying complex systems.
- Solid user-centered design fundamentals with information architecture, interaction design, and visual design skills and the ability to quickly produce high quality deliverables across the range of disciplines.
- Experience working effectively with cross-functional teams including shepherding designs through the development process.
- Experience collaborating with other designers to create a cohesive cross-product experience, both leveraging and contributing to a centralized design system.
- Ability to present design solutions at all levels of the organization with clear, articulate rationale.
- Proficient with Sketch, Invision, Balsamiq or other visual design, wire-framing and prototyping tools.
- Impressive portfolio