Sr. UX Designer
Opcity helps real estate brokers, lenders and settlement service providers serve online customers. The number of home buyers/sellers who start their process online is growing much faster than the industry as a whole. Opcity makes the real estate experience better by instantly and seamlessly matching consumers to the best agent for them, and facilitates the buying and selling process by connecting and coordinating the vital services within the home buying/selling ecosystem. Through its proprietary matching algorithm and SMS/Mobile live-transfer distribution platform, Opcity is able to instantly connect the best agent with the highest probability of conversion to the right consumer at the right time. Opcity’s matching model is based on eighteen (18) years of agent historical performance, predictive analytics, and a learning model of iterative improvement. Opcity’s network of providers, technology platform, and toolkit allow Opcity to be the primary concierge for the consumer during the home buying/selling experience.
What Are We Looking For:
At Opcity, Product Designers do more than simply create beautiful interfaces; we craft engaging experiences that make the home buying experience better for everyone involved. We’re currently looking for a talented Product Designer to join our growing product team based in Austin, TX.
Our Ideal Candidate:
· A team player who's willing and excited to jump in and learn
· Provides designs and documentation to our engineers and others involved in the product delivery process
· Is a hands-on implementor: We’ll use your talents across all stages of the product process
· Recognizes when to collaborate and follow direction or take risks and champion new ideas
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, mockups, and interactive prototypes based on specs from Product Management and optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Drive the design process through ideation, research, prototyping, and expert visual design
- Follow a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs
- Design and produce wide range of assets for engineering
- Conduct user research to understand customers needs, validate assumptions, and drive design decisions
- Serve as a resource for design quality control for development builds
What We Like To See:
- Bachelor’s degree in design or related field
- Design portfolio that demonstrates strong design thinking skills, expert visual design and craftsmanship
- 8+ years job experience
- Experience using Sketch, Zeplin, InVision, Jira / Confluence
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience working with SCRUM and Agile processes
- Deep knowledge of latest trends in user experience and visual design for web and mobile
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal communication and writing skills
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Understanding of UI frameworks for native and web development
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism
What We Offer:
- Working with a highly-motivated team with a proven track record of success that also has a lot of fun
- Casual work environment, free healthy snacks, rewards and recognition and fun events
- Competitive pay
- On-site gym with weekly workout classes
- Medical, Vision, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance plus Flexible and Dependent Care Spending Accounts
Local Austin area candidates please, no relocation provided. Eligibility to work for any employer in US is required.
The position requires prolonged standing or sitting and repetitive hand and wrist motion. Operates phones, computers, fax machines, copiers, and other office equipment.
Diversity is important to us, therefore, Opcity is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Opcity will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.
Read Full Job Description