Technical Training Specialist
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
Are you passionate about technology and teaching others? Do you have past experience as a software developer or engineer and have a background in creating and delivering training? HomeAway is looking for a Technical Training Specialist to support training and learning initiatives for our employees. In this role you would be responsible for meeting with key partners to understand training needs, develop curriculums and deliver trainings. This includes coordination of all projects and trainings, program management, keeping track of technology advances in the industry and continued learning of platform changes and processes at HomeAway.
What you’ll do:
- Develop training curriculum and deliver group and individual instruction and training for a unique program to enable HomeAway employees in non-tech roles to learn software development skills
- Lead and plan ongoing training for technical staff at HomeAway by providing learning opportunities to hone their skills and help them learn new technologies and practices. For example, build and facilitate web development curriculum and assignments.
- Demonstrating key partners, improve and evolve the existing technical new employee training program (for software engineers, technical product managers, cloud and data engineers, and other technical positions)
- Support employees during ongoing training work and create online simulations and eLearning courses for continuous practice applying key takeaways
- Occasionally lead day-long “sprints,” maintaining a strong presence in the classroom
- Coach and mentor employees by providing guidance and feedback in lectures and during office hours
- Assess students and training programs on a continual basis, using data to continuously improve teaching and assessment methods
- Cultivate a dynamic, collaborative, and supportive classroom community
- Establish and maintain high academic and behavioral expectations for learners
- Evaluate new tools and planning strategies to scale programs globally to support our global tech organization
Who you are:
- Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in Computer Science
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a trainer or educator in teaching technical curriculums and minimum of 3 years experience as a software developer, engineer or equivalent role
- Ability to design, develop and evaluate training plans and curricula
- Proficiency with training creation and delivery
- Expertise in full stack web development tools and technologies
- Tech savvy, analytical and data driven
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Organization and program management skills
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.