Travel Safety UX Researcher
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
As the Travel Safety Researcher at HomeAway, you will study the safety-related needs and issues of our customers. Using a variety of techniques from ethnography to quantitative surveys and behavioral studies, you will conduct research to understand safety needs across our diverse customer base, and to generate actionable insights for our product and marketing teams. If you have a passion for design research and are excited about seeing your findings used to lead changes that will impact millions of people, then we’d like to hear from you.
Background and Skills:
- Advanced degree in fields, such as Psychology, Sociology, Human Factors, Safety, Public Health or related field, with a research focus related to travel safety for diverse audiences. Ph.D. is preferred.
- Background in or affinity for conducting research on traveler’s safety needs and issues, including differences across genders and other groups, and for audiences with unique or special needs.
- Experience planning, moderating and reporting on research studies for a software, product or other business. 2-5 years professional experience preferred.
- Experience with a mix of quantitative and qualitative research methods including field work, ethnography, interview, focus group, survey, etc. Deep experience with at least one of these research areas (preferably more).
- Strong experimental design skills. Should be able to determine and execute the right research method for the question at hand.
- Basic statistical analysis skills required. More advanced statistics skills beneficial.
- Strong communication skills and comfort interacting with and influencing partners in varied roles and at varied levels of the organization.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced professional setting with a focus on demonstrating research insights to drive meaningful product and marketing changes.
- Work will be based in Austin at our Domain office. Occasional domestic and international travel may be required.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.