360training.com (Austin, TX) is a leader in online training and certification across a wide range of industries and professions. We work with 1500 e-learning partners who together have trained more than 3 million users worldwide. Our integrated strategy of technology, content and service helps organizations and professionals in a wide range of industries manage career, compliance and certification needs. We provide exciting career opportunities for self-motivated individuals who are interested in joining a growing company and utilizing cutting-edge technologies and tools to improve the outcomes for its customers and partners.
At 360training.com, we promote a culture of excellence that fosters the success of our employees, while maintaining a team-centric environment which inspires them to do their absolute best. We offer quality health plans to meet a variety of needs, life and disability benefits, a retirement savings plan with company match, and a paid time off program.
About the Role:
We are seeking a tech savvy UI designer with a heavy emphasis on engineering and development, as well as a background in UX design. The UI Designer will be hands on in the whole design process and partake as a lead, working collaboratively with a globally distributed team of developers, testers, and engineers. This person will collaborate with the executive team, product and marketing teams, and development teams to create new user experiences and improve upon existing user experiences within the scope of 360training.com course design and usability. The UI Designer will play a lead role in defining how we tell our brand story, an expand capabilities to adapt to a broader set of products.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities, include but are not limited to:
- Provide creative leadership for all aspects of our online experiences and e-learning software applications including: eCommerce, defining new interactions, making user experience intuitive, and visually bringing the brand to life.
- Oversee and engage in hands-on work for end-to-end design processes and produce a set of deliverables that effectively conceptualize and communicate high-level design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors for online and e-learning software applications.
- Possess diverse UI design portfolio showcasing new trends including mobile first design websites, and apps with an emphasis on scaling eCommerce websites.
- Exhibit a thorough understanding for the needs of customers.
- Provide day-to-day team leadership that fosters a shared understanding of design and interaction standards.
- Interface with backend developers and conduct design collaboration meetings.
- Carryout procedures to improve conversion initiatives on eCommerce customer websites.
- Design graphical user interfaces, and provide support for existing websites.
- Conduct focus studies with users to gain insight on usability after new product launches.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 2-3 years of experience working hands-on as a User Interface Designer
- At least 2 years of experience as a UX designer
- Experience creating prototypes/mock-ups, or highly detailed wireframes for complex web applications.
- Direct experience with responsive web design and mobile compatible design.
- Experience designing mobile apps is a plus
- Ability to design a technical solution from a business standpoint.
- Experience developing style guides, storyboards, user flows and A/B testing is a plus.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to be self-directed.
- Constant sitting, standing, walking and computer use.
- Constant communication both in person and via telephone and/or computer
- Occasional bending, reaching and lifting
- A medium to high level of manual dexterity required.
*Please note that you must meet the minimum requirements of this job to be considered for this position.