User Experience Designer
We provide proven technology and expertise for lead acquisition success. Our SaaS platform helps marketers automate their unique processes for acquiring qualified sales leads, building accurate email subscriber lists, and providing superior transparency for legal compliance. Each month, we process millions of opt-in Internet leads across a wide range of industries. Founded in 2004, ActiveProspect is headquartered in Austin, TX.
It’s a great time to join our product team. You'll play a key role in some big initiatives and be directly involved in the decision making process from concept to release. We’re a small team and you’ll own and evangelize the user experience of our platform. Sound exciting? Great, read on!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Help our customers feel like heroes by transforming a complex set of interconnected systems into a human-friendly interface.
- Partner with the development team to craft the best experience for new features and refine existing functionality.
- Regularly talk with our customers to understand their goals and workflows. Apply that knowledge to your design decisions and share what you’ve learned with the team so everyone learns. Formal research experience isn’t necessary, but you must be comfortable speaking with customers and actively seeking user feedback.
- Establish and extend interface standards for each of our products, crafting a consistent set of elegant experiences across our platform over time.
- Actively participate in the definition of new features and improvements.
- Mock up ideas in low fidelity to show off a quick idea (whiteboards! napkins! whatever!) or in high fidelity for detailed feedback (Photoshop, Sketch, InVision - it’s up to you).
- Transform mockups into lightweight prototypes for in-house and external customer validation.
To Succeed in this Role You’ll Need:
- A passion for making the complex as simple as possible and an understanding of how to unite customer goals with those of our business.
- Four to six years of experience as a designer, at least three of which were working on complex web applications.
- A clean portfolio showcasing your UX chops (wireframes, user stories, flows) and visual design skills (prototypes, live or archived Web sites). Please include a URL with a password, if needed.
- Ability to jump from high level concepts into detailed design conversations, and back again.
- A drive to stay on top of UI best practices, knowing when to innovate and when to stick with the tried and true.
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and business teams.
- Work closely with product managers, product marketing, and engineering to deliver experiences to streamline user onboarding and expansion activities.
- Enjoy collaborating in defining and documenting user flows, mental models, journey maps, personas, etc.
- Prototyping to bring concepts to life so stakeholders get a realistic sense of how applications might look and behave.
What we're offering
- A financially stable company, with the freedom and opportunities of a startup culture
- Flexible work schedule
- Unlimited PTO
- Live Music Capital Holiday
- Beautiful office space in Hyde Park (close to Central Market, Vino Vino, and Hyde Park Gym)
- Paid attendance to one tech conference of your choosing per year
- Retirement plan matching up to 3% of your salary
- Health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- Medical and Dependent Care FSA available
- Fun office environment with kegerator and snacks