User Experience (UX) Manager
About the Role:
360training is seeking an entrepreneurial and talented User Experience Manager who will oversee the site wide user experience for our website. This role will manage the structural design of the site, create actionable and effective paths for our customers, ensure site-wide consistency, and provide a platform for future enhancements. We want this individual to develop and champion the 360training.com usability, accessibility and user experience standards, and make the overall experience a great one.
The UX Manager will create inspiring, high-converting experiences that lead to repeat purchases. This individual will develop customer empathy by regularly conducting user research, including testing of new features and products. From producing storyboards, user and work flow documentation, and use case scenarios, this role will encompass the complete “look and feel” of the site. In a nutshell, we want this person to be responsible for creating a meaningful experience between people and our products.
The ideal candidate is insatiably curious. They have a passion for empathizing with the needs and behaviors of people, the business and how to solve for them through design. This person uses both sides of their brain, considers problems with analysis and solves them with creativity. They are flexible and adaptable. They know priorities change and are ready to pivot. And, they must be a great communicator. This person knows how to present their work and tailor the delivery to their audience, whether a crowd or one on one.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities, include but are not limited to:
- Determine best UX solutions based on customer feedback and business goals and help to determine overall direction, identifying challenges and adapting as needed based on the context of the solution and customer.
- Create user flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups/prototypes to effectively communicate detailed interaction behaviors.
- Incorporate UX research tools, data, personas, competitive analysis and metrics to help shape user experiences.
- Conduct and build in-house capabilities to test and validate design concepts with end users.
- Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications, guidelines, and pattern libraries.
- Guide, maintain and communicate UX/UI consistency of experience across all platforms.
- Assume responsibility for the customer experience and behavior on site as measured by metrics controlled by site experience such as conversion rate, overall abandonment rate, shopping cart abandonment rate, time spent on site and search success rate.
- Revise and iterate designs and documentation based on continued user testing and feedback.
- Monitor customer feedback for trends and issues so that site design and content can be influenced.
- Create lasting, effective partnerships with IT engineering teams and business teams to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges.
- Influence and participate in the development of the ecommerce strategic direction.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5+ years in a User Experience role creating ecommerce experiences that drive conversion and AOV.
- Proven experience conducting research including user testing, synthesizing feedback and results to create best in class experiences.
- Deep understanding of customer needs and how to effectively incorporate them into design.
- Thorough understanding and application of established best practices and methodologies including design thinking to solve complex challenges.
- Knowledge of cutting-edge design conventions and interactions and how to apply them.
- History of defining application functionality and creating interfaces with and in the absence of business requirements.
- Knowledge of a range of UX tools: Sketch, Invision, Axure, Adobe, usertesting.com.
- Direct experience with responsive web design and mobile compatible (iOS and Android) design.
- Experience developing style guides, storyboards, user flows and A/B testing is a plus.
- Able to manage many projects and drive multiple threads of work to completion.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Superb communication skills, clear and concise in both written and verbal communication.
- Positive, energetic attitude.
- Constant sitting, standing, walking and computer use.
- Constant communication both in person and via telephone and/or computer.
- A high level of manual dexterity required.