We are seeking a talented Visual Designer to lead graphic design efforts at Tecovas as we evolve into the country's favorite western brand. The most important responsibility will be ownership of any digital and physical creative elements that we use to communicate our brand with customers. Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead and execute our design across ads, web, email, and physical collateral
- Continually find new ways to resonate with customers and prospective customers through written word
- Design landing pages and other assets to be implemented in marketing campaigns
- Design and produce digital ads for integrated campaigns, resizing art/layout according to specs
- Regularly produce multiple copy and design variations to be A/B tested and measured for effectiveness
- Coordinate with freelance creative resources as needed to produce on-brand/ad-ready assets
- Plan, execute, and assist in post-production of in-house and external photography and video shoots
This role will report to the Creative Director on a day-to-day basis and will work directly with the VP of Marketing and Founder/CEO to develop a clear vision for Tecovas design.
The ideal Visual Designer is an experienced, talented graphic designer with 3-10 years of on-the-job design experience, ideally in the consumer environment. Detailed qualifications include:
- BA/BS degree in design
- Master's degree in design preferred but not required
- 3-10 years of design and digital experience
- Entrepreneurial, self-directed and resourceful – someone who will thrive in a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment (and is able to produce/iterate content rapidly to suit a startup brand's needs)
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Strong written communication skills / ability to write effective ad copy
- Strong perspective on digital design and responsive design
- Excellent typography and layout skills
- Strong photo-retouching ability
- Portfolio of prior work that demonstrates top-tier design excellence
- Utmost character, honesty, and transparency so as to accurately represent our brand ethos
Please include a link to your online portfolio (e.g., Dribbble, website, etc.) in your cover letter, resume, or application if available!
- Competitive compensation
- Fully-paid medical, vision, & dental insurance premiums and FSA plan option
- 401(k) plan available
- Generous vacation policy
Tecovas is revolutionizing the western market as the first direct-to-consumer brand. We are a rapidly-growing brand based in Austin, Texas with factory operations in León, Mexico. We have an amazing cohort of customers, venture capital-backing, and a core team ready to expand and disrupt the US western market. Want an early seat on a rocket ship? Shoot us an application!
Important note: We take hiring very seriously. Interviewing at Tecovas may include phone calls, on-site interviews, and on-the-job mock cases. We are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, but we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit. We will contact you if that is the case!