- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary product teams that includes creative leadership, designers, scrum, product managers, software developers, and QA
- Participate in product ideation and conceptual development using an iterative, user-centered design process
- Participate in design research, including generative user research (observational studies, customer interviews) and usability/validation testing
- Communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale, both verbally and visually
- Produce scenarios, hero flows, design prototypes, design specifications, motion graphics, and animation effects
- Apply patterns from the uShip design language system in day-to-day design work. Maintain and extend the system as needed throughout this process.
- Produce information architectures, wireframes, and design specifications
- Produce visual designs that communicate product function and brand identity, including the design and production of screen layouts, color palettes, typography, user interface elements, and icons
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented as intended
- 1-3 years of professional digital design experience that encompasses product design, e-commerce applications, and responsive web design
- Bachelors degree in Human Computer Interaction, Information Design, Graphic Design, or a related design or behavioral science discipline
- Strong and flexible skills in interaction (UX) design and visual (UI) design
- In-depth knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to mobile- based e-commerce applications
- Solid understanding of current interaction and visual trends across touchpoints (web, mobile, etc.)
- Proficient with current design and prototyping tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Invision, After Effects, Keynote
- Experience designing motion graphics with tools such as After Effects a plus
- Excellent communication, organization, and teamwork skills. Must be able to work both on a team and independently.
- Ability to articulate a point of view with respect to design decisions or options and communicate rationale influencing those decisions
- Effective time management skills and ability to juggle multiple projects at once and ability to confidently estimate time required for specific tasks
- Competitive Salary
- 100% Paid health and dental insurance
- Stock Options
- Annual uShip Free Shipping Allowance ($500)
- Free lunch, snacks, and drinks
- Dog friendly
- Casual dress code
- And so much more!
uShip is the world’s first and largest shipping marketplace. Consumers and businesses can compare and book bids from hundreds of thousands of customer-reviewed transportation service providers, ranging from independent owner-operators to the largest freight carriers and brokers. Customers save money and service providers use their empty cargo space – everyone wins! We’re an Internet company focused on solving a real-world problem and having loads (pun intended) of fun along the way. Our service providers were even featured in A&E’s real life drama, ‘Shipping Wars.’
Since launching uShip in 2004, our mission has been to be the world’s leading online solution for shipping anything, anytime, anywhere. We are passionate about empowering buyers and providers of transportation services to efficiently conduct business on an unbiased, transparent and competitive platform. uShip is headquartered in Austin, TX .