Dev Ops Engineer
We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity that is cognitive computing. The convergence of data and technology is transforming industries, society and even the workplace. CognitiveScale is looking for talent to drive market success by building cognitive business solutions.
What you’ll do everyday:
- Work on the infrastructure underlying all of Development systems. This includes tooling for the CI/CD pipeline
- Work as a part of an Agile team to establish architectures for high availability and fault tolerance using load balancers, API gateways, etc.
- Develop tools that will provide insight into what our code is doing, when and where it's doing it, and how well it's running
- Promote a DevOps culture by building relationships between disciplines and driving enhancements to facilitate rapid feedback and the seamless flow of code into production
- Take ownership of your discipline alongside fellow practitioners and collaboratively learn and develop best practices
What you need to bring to the table:
- Bachelor degree preferred (Masters a plus)
- Strong experience in software engineering or systems engineering (DevOps)
- Strong experience working with multi-cloud environments and tools (Azure, AWS, and GCP preferred)
- Experience automating large-scale deployments
- Experience working with container technologies (Docker preferred) in a Microservices architecture
- Proficiency with Python, Bash, or Ruby
- Experience leveraging monitoring tools like Splunk, Sumo Logic, Sysdig, or others to help build insight into the functionality of our applications
- Demonstrated ability to effectively establish and maintain collaborative relationships across disciplines
- A passion for finding opportunities for improvement and the initiative to make it a reality
What else will help:
- Experience with the following is a strong plus: Vault, Terraform, Packer, Ansible, Rancher, Cassandra, Kafka, Redis, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, systemd, Elasticsearch
- Experience with GoCD, Jenkins, or other CI/CD tools
CognitiveScale is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CognitiveScale does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability.