Director, Go-To-Market & Product Marketing
Experian Consumer Services markets a spectrum of products that assist consumers in managing the financial aspects of key life events, protect their identities and assets and helps to connect them with Experian clients who offer products and services relevant to that life event.
Experian Consumer Services operates the flagship direct to consumer (D2C) branded businesses of Experian.com, FreeCreditReport.com, ProtectMyID.com and CreditReport.com and associated sites like CreditScore.com and FreeCreditScore.com and most recently IdentityWorks.com.
Aside from its D2C vertical, the Affinity, Data Breach and CSID business of Experian Consumer Services, under the new moniker of Partner Solutions, operates several B2B “white label” web properties for more than 135 third party customers such as Wells Fargo, American Express, USAA, Discover and the United States Government. Additionally, ECS’s Partner Solutions business is the premier provider of Data Breach remediation services to some of the world’s most widely known brands that have been victims of large scale data breach incidents including Target, the most significant breach ever documented effecting an estimated 110 million US consumers.
In 2016 Experian acquired CS Identity (CSID). CSID is a leading provider of global identity protection and fraud detection technologies for businesses, their employees, and consumers. CSID’s identity protection services extend beyond credit monitoring to include a full suite of identity monitoring and fraud detection services which were both additive and complementary to Experian’s existing business. The acquisition of CSID was a strategic one; expanding Experian’s already strong capabilities in the identity protection market and giving the company a very flexible platform to improve speed to market.
We are looking for a Director of Go-To-Market & Product Marketing to join our growing team!
The Director of Go-To-Market & Product Marketing is a key leader in the ECS Partner Solutions team. Reporting to the VP of Marketing and Strategy, this person sets the go to market strategy and implements key partnerships, both internally and externally, that make the Partner Solutions platform a one-stop-shop for our partners/clients.
Product Marketing (M),Strategy (S), (Partnerships (P)
- Develop annual product marketing and business development strategy, including: market analysis, go to market strategy, new product launches, thought leadership and program execution. (P,S,M)
- Develop the strategy and execution plan to communicate the value proposition of the solutions portfolio to the sales team and develop the tools that support the selling process (S,M)
- Act as an expert on the market through sales insights, market research and competitive analysis (S,M)
- Own business outcomes, including analyses, recommendations and influencing and collaborating on execution (P,S,M)
- Leverage current customer and industry market data to drive decision making for product positioning and messaging to differentiate from competitors (M)
- Drive the engagement with functional leaders and sales teams to establish a continuous feedback loop (encompassing market trends, customer needs, win/loss, and competitive factors) to influence the product strategy, roadmap and pricing (P,S,M)
- Identify, assess, and develop, and nurture relationships with third parties to build the following types of partnerships (P)
- White label partnerships – third party products branded as Experian’s or clients’/partners’ product, served through Experian Partner Solutions platform(s)
- Data partnerships – third party data, accessed and productized by Experian, then served through Experian Partner Solutions platform(s)
- Manage the end to end process of partnership development by coordinating requirements, developing and negotiating contracts, integrating contract requirements with business operations and setting up performance tracking capabilities (P)
- Develop and implement a strategic approach for assessing and prioritizing business development opportunities and investment initiatives (P, S)
- Build manage operations team of product marketers and subject matter experts (M)
- Develop a detailed roadmap, dashboarding mechanism, and processes to regularly track marketing performance and revenue contribution (M)
- Hire and lead a business development team focused on building product partnerships.
- Own and execute best-in-class product launches and initiatives, and educate customers, press, and analysts to understand why what we are doing is valuable to the market (P, S, M)
- Be the expert on buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria (S, M)
- Thoroughly understand the competition and how our products can be differentiated (S, M)
- Establish goals, plans and related metrics, track progress, and manage through obstacles to achieve program objectives (S, M)
- Provide thought leadership on emerging topics and potential areas for growth (S)
- Lead multiple strategic engagements (P, S)
- Collaborate within and across groups at Experian, including executives, sales, product management, technology, DataLabs, Corporate Venture Capital, individual business units, and global business partners (P, S)
- Bachelor’s degree required – preferred focus in business, finance, economics, data science, marketing or related fields. MBA preferred.
- Preferred 3 years' experience at management consulting / technology consulting / strategy firm
- A superior strategic mindset and intellectual agility. This leader takes a macro or long-term view of the business that is grounded in fact and reality. Applies a structured approach to framing, communicating and solving strategic problems and opportunities; process and action oriented; an “operator” who excels at strategy formulation
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to work with business owner to define key business questions and to build data sets that answer those questions
- Demonstrated bias for action with strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
- A thought leader with the ability to distill complex information into simple and meaningful insights and conclusions (and bring everyone along to drive alignment and action)
- Impeccable business acumen and IQ, along with a strong EQ
- Ability to operate effectively in a changing environment; has a high level of comfort with ambiguity
- A passion for technology
- A global mindset that allows for effectively working in diverse cultures
- Proven track record delivering outstanding business results for a managed product line
It is the policy of Experian to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. All employment practices such as recruitment, selection, promotions, and other terms and conditions of employment are administered in a manner designed to ensure that employees and applicants for employment are not subjected to discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, medical condition, pregnancy, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
This policy relates to all phases of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting and/or recruitment advertising and selection for hire. As part of the company’s equal employment opportunity and affirmative action policy, Experian will also take affirmative action as called for by applicable laws and Executive Orders to ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and qualified disabled persons are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities.
Experian is committed to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where Experian applicants and employees are treated with respect and dignity. This policy is in accordance with State and Federal laws and reaffirms our company’s continuing commitment to both the spirit and intent of Equal Employment Opportunity laws and policies.
Experian provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: [email protected] or 714-830-5022. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Experian will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Experian.