Architect - Ruby/Elixir
At Blackbaud, we’re here to help good take over. We lead uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, providing cloud software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to drive impact for social good. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, higher education institutions, K-12 schools, healthcare organizations, faith communities, arts and cultural organizations, foundations, companies, and the individual change agents who support them. With millions of users in 100+ countries, our vision is to power an Ecosystem of Good® that builds a better world. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them raise resources, deliver programs, manage operations, and understand their outcomes.
Blackbaud is looking for a Ruby/Elixir Architect to work on Blackbaud Award Management, a market-leading scholarship solution. As part of the agile teams, the architect assists in design problems, platform best practices and ensures that every application is implemented according to acceptable design, quality, performance, and security standards. They formulate high-level estimates for analyses, project planning, and impact assessments and demonstrates the ability to work with team members with varying degrees of technical depth and breadth of knowledge. The architect will also analyze and recommend technology strategies where gaps exist including performing proofs-of-concept as needed.
- Collaborate with product owners and other business partners to understand and refine business requirements that drive the architecture
- Work closely with engineers to create and document the detailed application design
- Perform code and design reviews as needed
- Collaborate with other engineers and architects to create integration strategies between systems
- Work with the infrastructure teams to ensure the software is effectively mapped to a hardware implementation
- Collaborate with IT Security to ensure solutions comply with corporate and regulatory policies
- Performs proofs-of-concept as needed to determine technology solutions
- Evaluate legacy and current applications, its architecture, database design, etc. to make recommendation on improvements on design, performance, and quality
- Mentor Jr. and Sr. engineers
- Identify and champion reuse opportunities
- Ensure consistent practices across enterprise initiatives
What we’ll want you to have:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or possess equivalent work experience
- 10+ years relevant work experience
- Formal skills with the following: Ruby on Rails, Elixir, Phoenix , Angular, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, PostgresQLbuild/continuous integration, messaging systems and protocols.
- Experience with software development methodologies such as agile and test driven development
- Experience in design and development of complex web-based, high transaction, high volume, distributed systems offered in a SaaS model.
- Experience with data modeling and database design.
- Good knowledge of web services and related standards.
- Knowledge of distributed architectures and design patterns, and best practices.
Why you'll want to come work here:
- Our benefits are unmatched. Not only do we offer competitive salaries, 4 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and 401K match, we also provide endless community involvement opportunities to encourage our employees to give back, through our CSR programs like gift matching and volunteer for vacation.
- Blackbaud has been named to Forbes America's Best Employers for Diversity 2019, Forbes America’s Best Midsize Employer 2019, and AnitaB.org's Top Companies for Women Technologists 2018, we are rapidly growing and offer incredible opportunity for career advancement!
- We understand that people thrive in a culture focused on teamwork and purpose. That's why Blackbaud offers a tremendous company culture, where we encourage open, collaborative working environments in all of our offices around the world.
- We have proven that we are one of the best technology companies to work for. Blackbaud has been ranked Best Technology Company in Charleston, SC for the fourth year in a row, and ranked by BuiltIn Austin as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX.
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.