Associate Director, Information Security
Vista Consulting Group (VCG) is the dedicatedconsulting partner of Vista Equity Partners (www.vistaequitypartners.com), aleading global technology investor with over $46 billion in cumulative capitalcommitments. Our team of subject matter experts and consultants partner withmarket-leading software and technology companies to achieve lasting results byinvesting in the people, knowledge, and connections that have been proven tostrengthen their success. Our insights from hundreds of software investmentsover nearly two decades create a deep and differentiated understanding of how asoftware company thrives. We work alongside management teams to developexceptional talent, capture and enhance the knowledge of our companies, andcultivate meaningful relationships across our executive network. VCG isintegral to Vista's investment philosophy and vision, offering management teamsexpertise, focus, and discipline to achieve their goals and advance theiroperational and growth strategies. Explore current and past Vista companieshere: https://www.vistaequitypartners.com/companies/
Why Vista Consulting Group?
Vista's family of companies collectively represent thefourth-largest enterprise software company in the world. We invest in our people,with a relentless focus on talent. At VCG, you will have the opportunity towork shoulder-to-shoulder with some of the world's most thoughtful, curious,and talented software executives, including several CEOs named among 2018's top50 SaaS CEOs: https://thesaasreport.com/the-saas-reports-top-50-saas-ceos-of-2018/
Your role within VCG will strengthen your existing skills,grow and widen your capabilities, and offer you an unparalleled path forpersonal development and career growth. Do you aim to be the best in yourfield? Do you enjoy partnering with talented executives and collaborating onchallenging business opportunities? Are you curious about how to make great businesseseven better? Are you motivated by seeing others succeed? Join us.
What's Different About Vista?
Vista invests in the long-term, sustainable success of ourportfolio companies, with the industry's largest dedicated consulting team.Today, Vista's consulting practice has a dedicated staff of over 130 employees,whose sole focus is advancing and partnering with our companies to help leadersand teams within Vista businesses implement proven best practices, sharpenskills, broaden their networks, and continually innovate in their markets.Because Vista only invests in enterprise software, data, and tech-enabledcompanies, we are in a unique position to scale our approach across theportfolio and to accelerate the growth of both our investments and our peopleacross our global ecosystem of innovation.
The role of the InformationSecurity Associate Director is to provide hands-on support for various projectsin collaboration with the numerous enterprise software companies acrossdifferent industries in the Vista portfolio. The Information Security Associate Director must be comfortable workingwith a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidatewill have a passion for evaluating and improving information security programs,recommending technologies and working with the portfolio companies on understandingand improving their cybersecurity programs.
· Drive the development and implementationof cybersecurity best practices across the portfolio
- Conduct structured data gathering, research, and analysis while evaluating controls to provide relevant recommendations for enhancing current operations
- Assist in assessing risk profile of portfolio companies
- Prepare, facilitate, document, and actively participate in project engagement meetings and workshops
- Create high quality presentations and reports to effectively communicate project findings
- Define, document and continuously improve cybersecurity best practices for achieving operational excellence across the Vista portfolio of companies
· Build,develop and foster relationship with cybersecurity leaders and professionalsacross portfolio companies
· Continuousresearch to stay updated with current trends and incidents in the industry
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of experience as a cybersecurity professional working within an enterprise environment (Prefer Azure or AWS Experience)
- Strong knowledge of building Secure SDLC, best coding practices and BSIMM models
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance including, but not limited to OWASP, ISO, PCI-DSS, and NIST
- Familiarity and experience with a variety of security products and technologies - i.e., network firewalls, web application firewalls, antivirus solutions, Data Loss Prevention products, and encryption technologies.
- Advanced understanding of application, database, and network security principles for risk identification, mitigation, and analysis
- Diverse problem-solving experience, such as experience with a top management consulting firm or in other generalist problem solving environments across financial services sectors
- An outstanding ability to analyze problems, apply quantitative analytical approaches, communicate effectively and confidently (both oral and written), work well in cross-functional teams
- High emotional intelligence and genuine intellectual curiosity are a must
- Flexibility to travel up to 70%
- CISSP, GSEC, CEH, Security+ or similar information security certification
- Experience practicing Cybersecurity in the Financial Industry