You're looking for an adventure where you can tackle complex problems, drive change, and build and scale a data collection framework. You want to collaborate with people that creatively solve problems, make decisions with conviction and nerd out about the internet. You’re comfortable with being uncomfortable, and you thrive in an environment based on continual improvement. You aren’t afraid to try new things and make mistakes. If this sounds like you, we want you on our team!
New Knowledge is a fast-growing information integrity company on a mission to help our clients understand the internet. We use AI and machine learning to alert brands to potentially damaging online campaigns, and we are revolutionizing the way companies and industries make sense of disinformation, echo chambers, and filter bubbles. We are led by successful entrepreneurs, NSA veterans and disinformation industry experts. Current clients include Fortune 100 customers across a number of industries and our investors include Moonshots Capital, GGV Capital and Capital Factory.
We're looking for an Automation Engineer with a few years of web automation experience. In this role, you will be based out of our Austin office and will report to the Engineering Manager.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and build our Selenium infrastructure at scale
- Implement product features for monitoring the health and utilization of the infrastructure
- Add and maintain Selenium scripts for new and existing sources
- Help build resilience into our data collection processes by adding additional monitoring and sanity checking into existing collectors.
What You Have:
- Experience working in web automation and APIs to collect data
- Experience writing and maintaining selenium scripts and working with Selenium Grid
- Comfortable with Python
- Experience with cloud-based distributed systems
- Experience with Docker, proxies, and headless web browsers is a plus
- Experience maintaining selenium infrastructure at scale is a plus
What You’ll Get:
- Purpose-driven work
- Market-leading salary and equity compensation
- Coverage under best in class, flexible medical, vision and dental plans
- 401(k) with 100% company match up to 4% of salary and immediate vesting
- Unlimited vacation that you’re encouraged to take, including paid parental leave
- Stocked kitchen full of healthy snacks and drinks
- Weekly catered lunch
- Free parking near our downtown office
- Free membership to onsite gym and pool
- Annual budget to purchase books and educational subscriptions
- Monthly team-wide events like movie screenings at Alamo Drafthouse, escape rooms, and stand up paddle boarding on the river
- Many more benefits … apply to find out!