Backend Software Engineer
Backend Software Engineer
Who you are: Do you live, eat, and breathe programming? Are you someone who sees code in their dreams? Would you consider yourself a developer’s developer? OutboundEngine just might have your dream job! Think you’re the right fit? Apply now!
OutboundEngine is looking for a Backend Software Engineer to join our team of engineers in delivering high-quality technology solutions for OE. As manager, you will lead this engineering team to balance short-term and long-term commitments and goals. You will be involved in a wide range of activities including coaching and mentoring engineers, scoping project work for both business and technical aspects, collaborating with product, managing post-deployment analysis. Our user-facing applications, are built primarily in Java 8, Spring, MariaDB, ExtJS, Swift. Our services and tools are entirely cloud-deployed.
Who we are: OutboundEngine is one of the fastest growing tech startup companies in the nation, ranked number 95th on the 2016 Inc. 5000. We are based out of beautiful Austin, TX. OutboundEngine has been voted “Top Ten Places to Work” for the last four years in a row by the Austin Business Journal. Since 2012, OutboundEngine has helped over 10,000 small business owners market themselves by doing it for them. We create original content for our clients, automate their email campaigns, update their social media profiles, and ultimately help them drive repeat and referral business as well as new business.
What does it take to do this job?
- 6+ years of experience as a back-end, infrastructure, performance, or API engineer
- 3 years of experience building large-scale, distributed, high-volume systems
- Object-oriented and/or functional programming skills in modern language (Java, C#, Go, Scala, or equivalent)
- Skilled at writing efficient SQL queries
- Basic skills in HTML, CSS, JS
- Familiarity with modern front-end web framework (Ext JS, React, Vue)
- Experience designing, building, maintaining, and debugging modern web stacks
- Solving large-application/user-level problems, performance, scalability, etc.
- Basic scripting language experience (Python or Bash)
- Basic Linux experience
- Experience working with cross-functional agile teams
- Some experience with big data is desired
- BS or BA in computer science, math, engineering, or related field preferred
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive guaranteed base salary.
- 100% Paid Insurance (medical, dental, vision, life and disability).
- Unlimited PTO.
- Company-paid downtown parking or metro pass.
- Stocked kitchen with snacks, beverages and catered lunches.
- Casual dress.
- An awesome work environment and positive work culture, which celebrates employees success!
- Company events, such as private concerts, happy hours, team outings, holiday parties and more.