DevOps Network & Security Engineer
NSS Labs, Inc. is the global leader in operationalizing cybersecurity, empowering enterprises by providing relevant information to reduce the operational burden of cybersecurity and address crucial gaps in their cybersecurity efforts. Our unmatched and well-respected foundation in security testing, along with our enterprise research and global threat analysis capabilities, provide the basis for our CAWS Continuous Security Validation Platform, an advanced platform that substantiates the effectiveness of enterprise security controls and uncovers unmitigated risks to enterprise systems. Using fact-based threat data and objective risk information, CAWS enables businesses to strengthen their cyber risk posture, continuously validate their security controls and take timely action to mitigate threats to their Operating Systems and applications. CISOs, Chief Security Architects, SOC and Threat Analysts, and SOC and information security professionals from many of the world's largest and most demanding enterprises rely on trusted insights from NSS Labs. For more information, visit www.nsslabs.com.
The DevOPS Network & Security Engineer works closely with many internal and external customers to develop new processes, build out, and maintain production infrastructure and test environments. The DevOPS Network and Security Engineer will be responsible for ongoing configuration, operations, and auditing production cyber security testing environment.
- Fully support, configure and maintain LAN devices - routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, etc.).
- Internal and external customer engagements to setup and maintain cyber security products in a production testing environment.
- Interact directly with vendors for wide range of cyber security products, communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Engage with and support clients to ensure the use cases and testing represent the challenges faced in product deployment.
- Build out test environment - install devices and software products.
- Review test harness and Software Requirements Specification (SRS) documents.
Required Skills and Experiences:
- Proven experience in a network administration role.
- Hands on experience of network security as applied to infrastructure - VLAN segmentation, routing and firewall management.
- Expert TCP/IP networking, networking architectures, and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with multi-vendor VPNs (user and site to site), setup, trouble shooting, and problem resolution.
- Strong understanding of virtualization technologies.
- Hands-on experience with security products, whether network, endpoint, or operational forensics.
- Packet analysis and network protocol dissection skills, using tools such as Wireshark.
- Knowledge of network device performance testing.
- Hands-on experience configuring server hardware and deployment of MS Windows and Linux operating systems.
- MS Windows and Linux network administration experience; troubleshooting skills in MS Windows and Unix/Linux environments.
- Awareness of SDLC and quality assurance and how these relate to product testing.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional documentation, presentation and communication skills.
- Comfortable working with clients.
- Software development background.
- Good understanding of security software testing.
- Scripting experience in Powershell, Python, Java, VBScript, Perl, Ruby, etc.
- Experience with network and security performance testing equipment, both hardware and software (e.g., BreakingPoint and other Ixia products, Spirent/Mu Dynamics, Tomahawk, etc.).
At NSS Labs, we hire innovative and talented individuals with a passion for leading-edge technology. We have a culture of innovation, where quality, originality, and “thinking outside the box” are encouraged. Our leadership fosters professional growth and support, all within a fast-paced environment.
Located in Austin, Texas, NSS Labs offers its team members competitive compensation, medical and dental, and 401(k) benefits. If you feel you have the passion, dedication, and expertise that match our unique company, apply to join our team!
Third party resumes are not currently being accepted. NSS Labs, Inc. will not pay a fee for unsolicited resumes.