The Director of Information Security will lead our team of information security engineers, handle security operations, and collaborate with RetailMeNot's senior leadership to develop and implement policies, programs, strategies, and technology to identify and reduce cybersecurity risks.
You will utilize your domain expertise in regulatory areas such as HIPAA, PCI, and CCPA/GDPR to analyze business needs and develop secure solutions that support RetailMeNot's RxSaver, gift cards, and loyalty businesses to protect our users, employees, and data. You will work with business, legal, and technical teams to ensure that RetailMeNot information security policies are being baked into projects from the beginning - making them secure by design.
You'll drive risk assessments, lead incident response and coordination, validate disaster recovery documentation and testing activities, handle vulnerability management, drive employee and vendor education, contract and run third party penetration testing, and create secure application design and coding standards.
Who You Are
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in computer science or a related field
- You have 10+ years in software engineering or information technology, 5+ years as a security engineer, and 3+ years experience in engineering leadership
- Experience with leading laws, regulations, standards and best practices for CSA CCM, NIST, ISO, PCI, Sarbanes Oxley, HIPAA, CCPA, and EU GDPR
- You have hands-on experience with multiple security technologies such as Firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems, Vulnerability Scanning, WAF, Wireless LAN, NAC, DLP, DDoS Mitigation, WAN security, SIEM, Content Filtering, Cloud Security gateways, Secure Proxies, SSL crypto solutions
- Broad experience with Cloud-based technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, G Suite, Salesforce, or other Cloud-based technologies
- Excellent communication skills; ability to expertly and effectively present complex technical topics to senior non-technical audiences
- Ability to help drive agreement on priorities through the influencing of and negotiation with partners who at times may hold competing or conflicting goals
- You're a leader who cares about your team members and invests in their growth.
- You're passionate about building and mentoring high performing engineering teams
- You have used agile methodologies to plan and deliver increments of functionality
- You have keen instincts for analytical analysis, technical discernment and risk assessment
- CISSP, CISM and/or CCSP certifications (preferred)
What You'll Do
- Inspire, lead, and develop teams of engineers who are dedicated to developing and designing innovative solutions that will improve RetailMeNot's compliance and governance capabilities
- Hire and mentor managers and individuals and guide them to achieve their career goals
- Identifies key areas for improvement in the technologies and leads solution planning and estimating of programs and projects;
- Define organizational security OKRs and set goals for the information security engineering teams
- Guide the technical direction and scaling efforts
- Implement reliable and efficient processes to accelerate development and improve quality
- Manages budgets and contracts used within InfoSec
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
Who We Are
- We have an open environment where engineers are given a lot of responsibility and the freedom to make a huge impact
- We have lots of smart people to work with and learn from
- We work on large scale challenges with a variety of technologies
- We have a great open vacation policy
- We'll provide you with food, food, and more food
- We believe in giving prizes, bonuses, and recognition for doing what you enjoy
We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. Benefits of being an employee of RetailMeNot, Inc. include, but are not limited to the following:
- Competitive base & bonus packages; salary negotiable
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- Performance based rewards & recognition for your hard work and service
- Very competitive benefits packages, including best-in-class parental leave
- Open & flexible PTO
- Cell phone & gym membership reimbursements
- Fully stocked break room & onsite catered breakfasts & lunches multiple days/week
*Some rewards do not apply to contract workers or interns.
RetailMeNot, Inc. is a leading savings destination bringing people and the things they love together through savings with retailers, brands, restaurants and pharmacies. RetailMeNot makes everyday life more affordable through online and in-store coupon codes, cash back offers, discount gift cards, and the RetailMeNot Genie browser extension. Savings are also provided in consumers’ mailboxes through the RetailMeNot Everyday™ direct mail package, and at the pharmacy with RxSaver by RetailMeNot.
RetailMeNot is a wholly owned subsidiary of Harland Clarke Holdings. http://www.retailmenot.com/corp or follow @RetailMeNot on social media.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at RetailMeNot, Inc. are considered without regards to race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected classification. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.