Director, Partner API
Here at HomeAway Engineering, we solve problems of scale and work on cutting edge and open-source technologies. Our culture is one that strives on solving difficult problems focusing on product engineering based on hypothesis testing to empower your imagination.
The Director of Engineering, Partner API is responsible for managing multiple Partner API engineering teams at HomeAway. The Partner API team is responsible for developing and maintaining our partner integrations, our integration platform, and our internal and externally-facing integration portals. Integrated inventory represents almost half the total inventory on HomeAway.
What you’ll do:
- Reports to the Senior Director of Partner API
- Manages the day-to-day activities of Integration Engineering teams
- Serves as the technical escalation point for Partner API Engineering teams
- Works with various stakeholders to understand requirements and help craft specifications for the engineering team as needed
- Develops strong relationships with product and other development organizations within HomeAway
- Understands the needs and function of peer organizations within Partner API
- Provides architectural guidance for projects internal to the Partner API team
- Leads and manages special integration projects to completion
- Drives a sound development process with minimal disruption to the Partner API Engineers
- Provides guidance on testing methodology
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively with remote resources
- Proves developmental feedback to Engineers on the team
Who you are:
- Prior Engineering Leadership experience
- Agile Experience
- Hands-on XML, JSON, Java, and SQL experience
- Expert level troubleshooting skills
- Creative problem solving
- Jira, Linux, AWS Lambda, AWS Kinesis, Cassandra experience
- API Management
- UI Development Management
- Managing Partner Portal
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in diverse, fast paced environment and effectively collaborate across teams
- Passionate about learning and implementing new technologies
- Ability to adapt and master changes to technology and products
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to work independently
- Passionate about customer service
- Desire to continuously evaluate and improve our customer’s experience
- Leads by example
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.