Domain Manager Security Architect - AEP
NSS Labs, Inc. is the global leader in operationalizing cybersecurity, empowering enterprises by providing relevant information to reduce the operational burden of cybersecurity and address crucial gaps in their cybersecurity efforts. Our unmatched and well-respected foundation in security testing, along with our enterprise research and global threat analysis capabilities, provide the basis for our CAWS Continuous Security Validation Platform, an advanced platform that substantiates the effectiveness of enterprise security controls and uncovers unmitigated risks to enterprise systems. Using fact-based threat data and objective risk information, CAWS enables businesses to strengthen their cyber risk posture, continuously validate their security controls and take timely action to mitigate threats to their Operating Systems and applications. CISOs, Chief Security Architects, SOC and Threat Analysts, and SOC and information security professionals from many of the world's largest and most demanding enterprises rely on trusted insights from NSS Labs.
We are currently seeking a Domain Manager Security Architect in Austin, Texas who is intellectually curious and has a passion to improve the security landscape for enterprises. The Domain Manager SA is tasked to develop and evangelize the vision of the advanced testing domain within and external to NSS Labs. They will be tasked with providing the “so what” of the testing activities by anticipating and understanding the value the tests bring to the enterprise customer. They will manage staff supporting multiple test streams within the technology domain who work directly with vendors to generate, analyze, and document performance and security metrics for many different security products. This position works closely with many teams within the company to develop new test concepts, oversee the build out and maintenance of new test environments, support execution and maintenance of existing tests and act as the externally facing NSS Labs point of contact for the Advanced Testing domain. As the expert responsible for overseeing security technology test development from harness concept through to operation and maintenance, this individual will support the objective, scientific, fact-based approach to testing enterprise security technologies that the market has grown to respect and depend on.
The Domain Manager Security Architect has responsibility for driving innovation and supporting the Advanced Enterprise Testing line of business, focusing primarily on Endpoint Security Solutions, Breach Prevention and Detection, TLS/SSL and Advanced End Point solutions as examples. The Domain Manager SA is the functional security technology expert for their area of focus (Advanced Testing). The Domain Manager SA is responsible for determining the right technologies and service offerings to be delivered by test engineers. Significant coordination with sales and vendor management organizations, research, product management and marketing, peer Domain Managers as well as the CTO office is absolutely critical. In addition, the Domain Manager SA is charged with auditing test development work and is accountable for adherence to standard operating procedures and program schedules by the domain team.
- Work with Product Management, Research and peer Domain Managers to determine the proper vendor technologies and service offerings to build domain capabilities to support
- Provide input and confirm Test Talking Points developed by Product Management
- Develop test schedules with the PMO and Test Engineer
- Provide development direction oversight of methodology development – including Cyber Advanced Warning System™ interaction
- Provide oversight of test harness build-out & execution including equipment procurement and test execution when needed
- Accountable for Test Development Workbook/Project Management Outcomes
- Accountable for adherence to Standard operating procedures
- Assist with scorecard build alongside Test Engineers
- Develop the “so what” of the result set – understand and present the results as meaningful to the enterprise
- Analyze historic test result data and understand applicability to current test
- Drive incremental recognized revenue/test growth from new and existing tests within the domain
- Interact with vendor customers to support the testing process
- Analyze data to determine growth/emerging technology vendors and technologies
- Be the main point of contact for sales when questions arise around domain test capabilities
- Promote and implement best practices and monitor the effectiveness of testing
- Stay abreast of solutions and development in the advanced testing security space
- Maintain utmost confidentiality on all documents, correspondence, research records, information, data, etc
- Perform other duties as assigned
Senior Test Engineers and Test Engineers and others as assigned
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Expertise with one or more of our core Technology Areas: Security Event Management, Content Protection (DLP, Encryption, Access Control), Endpoint Security typically obtained in 3-5 years.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with security technology, whether network, endpoint, or operational forensics
- Expert troubleshooting skills in MS Windows and Unix/Linux environments
- Expert TCP/IP networking, networking architectures, and troubleshooting skills, including IPv6
- Knowledge of RFC standards, specifically RFC 2544 and RFC 5180, and how they apply to networked devices
- Packet analysis and network protocol dissection skills, using tools such as Wireshark/Ethereal
- Good knowledge of network device performance testing
- Good knowledge of network security device design
- Hands-on experience configuring server hardware and deployment of MS Windows and Linux operating systems
- MS Windows and Linux network administration experience
- Awareness of SDLC and quality assurance and how these relate to product testing
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Professional presentation and communication skills
- Comfortable working with third-party vendors
- Software development background
- Good understanding of security software testing
- Scripting experience in Powershell, Python, Java, VBScript, Perl, Ruby, etc.
- Experience with network and security performance testing equipment, both hardware and software (e.g., BreakingPoint and other Ixia products, Spirent/Mu Dynamics, Tomahawk, etc.)
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance: GLBA, SOX, PCI, HIPAA and Assessment Services a plus
- CISSP or other professional certifications
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) CIS, Engineering or Mathematics a plus
- 10-15 years information security experience
- 5-10 years of experience as a security consultant
- Deep understanding of the endpoint security space (Antivirus & Malware protection, Next Gen Endpoint, Host IPS, Patch and Config Management, Secure Platforms, encryption, etc)
- Experience with one or more endpoint security product manufacturers.
- One or more of the following certifications a plus: CISSP, CISA, CIPP, CEH, and GIAC
- Extremely effective communication skills
- Data-driven and methodical approach to measuring progress
- Experience building business plans and driving ideas from inception to fruition
- Management experience
- 5 or more years of experience supporting, customizing and/or managing large, complex enterprise-level applications is required
- Proficient with MS Office products including Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, MS Project, Visio and Outlook required
- Adept in planning, leading change and multi-tasking
- Strong communication, problem-solving, time management, and work prioritization skills required
- Able to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Detail-oriented, thorough and quality oriented
At NSS Labs, we hire innovative and talented individuals with a passion for leading-edge technology. We have a culture of innovation, where quality, originality, and “thinking outside the box” are encouraged. Our leadership fosters professional growth and support, all within a fast-paced environment.
Located in Austin, Texas, NSS Labs offers its team members competitive compensation, medical and dental, and 401(k) benefits. If you feel you have the passion, dedication, and expertise that match our unique company, apply to join our team!
Third party resumes are not currently being accepted. NSS Labs, Inc. will not pay a fee for unsolicited resumes.