Engineering Manager - Guided Products and Services
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 18.5 million customers worldwide and over 77 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
GoDaddy empowers small business owners to grow their business online with a suite of tools for both the Do-It-Yourself (DIY) customer and the customer who needs professionals that will Do-It-For-You (DIFY).
We are a team of software engineers working dedicated to building elite systems that enable small business owners to be seen, look great, and connect with their customers online. Our “Do-It-For-You” suite of tools allow GoDaddy professionals to create and run fully-custom websites, digital marketing presence, email marketing campaigns, and more, so owners can focus on what they know best - selling their products and services.
GoDaddy is seeking a hardworking, hands-on Software Engineering Manager.
This person will lead a small and outstanding team of full-stack software engineers to redefine the future of GoDaddy’s digital presence business by delivering compelling user experiences for our website builders. We’ll combine robust service design with engaging and elegant UX to create services that allow our website builders to efficiently deliver thousands of custom, professional, beautiful websites that will delight each and every one of our small business customers.
We work in an agile environment with full CI/CD support, and developers release multiple times per day to production.
- Lead a team of 7-10 people who are building great products to help small businesses get online
- Spend at least 50% of your time building/reviewing architecture and design documentation, driving performance improvements, setting quality standards, reviewing code, and promoting development best practices where appropriate.
- Lead architectural discussions with the team and across partners
- Recruit and hire new team members and help grow the team
- Work closely with PM, UX, and data scientists to question the limitations for crafting magical user experiences
- Ensure applications are built with appropriate monitoring, alerting, and security considerations. Applications should be scalable, performant, and reliable.
- Use data and analytics to improve the product and customer experience
- Computer Science bachelor's degree, relevant technical degree or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of modern web applications and technologies
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Solid architecture skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to manage multiple business priorities while still delivering high quality results
- Experience working in an Agile environment preferred
- 5+ years professional software engineering experience
- Passion to develop elegant and ground breaking solutions for real-world small business problems
What We Use:
- MySQL, MSSQL
- AWS, OpenStack
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at [email protected]
Please note that GODADDY does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.