What we do:
Cision (formerly TrendKite) is a leading global provider of software and services to communications and marketing professionals. Our flagship product, the Cision Communications Cloud, is an industry-leading comms platform that delivers best-in-class earned media monitoring and analytics, a comprehensive media and influencer contact database, newswire distribution, business results attribution capabilities, and much more.
As an Engineering Manager for the Earned Media Attribution Software Engineering team, you will be responsible for a team delivering a market leading solution powered by large scale data systems and complex analytics. You team will include back-end engineers, data engineers, and quality engineers. You will ensure that your team is engaged, growing professionally, and delivering high-quality, robust, and scalable software to production on a regular basis.
- Lead daily activities of engineering team through SDLC and agile ceremonies
- Mentor team members in their technical and professional development
- Working in close collaboration with Product Management and other stakeholders to build product backlog, refine and prioritize work
- Advocate for engineering-led initiatives that improve speed, quality, agility, and developer experience
- Participate as a member of the global engineering leadership team to build relationships and collaborate with other engineering teams
- Optimize team and development processes
- 3+ years in a management role leading a team of software engineers
- 5+ years of professional experience in a team delivering software
- Technical acumen to understand applications, development methodologies, test automation, and continuous integration strategies
- Clear ability to pragmatically balance business priorities with technical constraints
- Proven record managing all aspects of SDLC and ensuring reliable delivery of features to production
- Proven experience of coaching and mentoring engineers in an agile environment
- Experience using agile processes like Kanban and Scrum
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent self-study
Cision employs the brightest, most passionate folks in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join that group!
Cision's recent acquisitions of startups TrendKite and Falcon.io provided the company with additional innovative technology and a focus on user experience that sets the company's software apart from anything else in the comms industry. With these additional capabilities, the next generation Cision Communications Cloud platform delivers an improved user experience, more intelligent and interactive reporting, and better campaign execution for PR and comms teams.
By investing in our brand, our team, and our technology, we are leading a revolution in the PR and communications industry. We invest in our people through training and professional development and we empower them to grow their careers - because the most important measure of our success is yours.
Cision Ltd (NYSE: CISN) is a leading global provider of earned media software and services to public relations and marketing communications professionals. Cision software allows users to identify key influencers, craft and distribute strategic content, and measure meaningful impact. Cision has over 4,000 employees with offices in 22 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA, and APAC. For more information about its award-winning products and services, including the Cision Communications Cloud, visit www.cision.com and follow Cision on Twitter @Cision.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V, 41 CFR 60–1.4
Read Full Job Description