Full Stack Software Engineer
Join Amherst as a Full Stack Software Engineer who will join our internal team and work within our emerging technology division that includes rapid prototype development, proof of concept and product development. This role will have a direct impact on our company growth and work within a highly collaborative team of engineers.
- An engineer with high energy, passion, and determined attitude eager to learn and apply that knowledge towards projects.
- Quantitative and analytical thinker that is intellectually curious about technology and how systems work.
- An outspoken, entrepreneurial, collaborative team player who enjoys problem-solving.
- Interest in researching emerging technologies and willing to explore new languages.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and flexibility to change directions quickly.
- Participate in all phases of development from definition and design through implementation, debugging, testing and deployment of features across multiple subsystems within large-scale enterprise applications.
- Provide production support on new and existing products utilizing the InsightLabs technology stack: C/C++, SQL Server
- Work directly with developers, project leads and various business partners to understand and resolve issues.
- Respond to production issues by conducting root cause analysis and identifying the underlying issue.
- Participate in a highly talented, experienced and energetic team on a fast-paced, agile development schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer / Electrical Engineering, MIS, Math, Physics, or another related field
- Demonstrated 4-6+ years of technical experience with scalable enterprise web applications using C#/.NET, SOAP or REST and API’s
- Demonstrated SQL knowledge and experience (SQL Server 2008/2012)
- Previous experience in mortgage industry, real estate or financial services
- Experience with large datasets, data modeling or data transformation
Amherst Holdings LLC is a privately held corporation and is located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a beautifully renovated modern workspace with the latest technologies.
We offer a competitive compensation package including: bonus, 401k, flexible PTO, 11 paid holidays, accrued sick/personal time, employer paid benefits (medical, dental, vision), maternity/paternity paid leave, life insurance and more.
Our new office features a large gaming area (ping pong/pool table/golf and PlayStation 4), on premise fitness center with showers/lockers and towel service, free snacks, and beverages (beer fridge!), breakfast taco Thursday and daily catered lunches!