Intel Automation Engineer
Automatically collecting, processing and exploring information at a large scale is at the core of the Intelligence mission at CrowdStrike. The Intelligence Automation team is responsible for prototyping, building and operating the systems that make up our Intelligence pipeline.
As a remote employee, you will not have direct access to all of your co-workers for the entire workday, so you will create a schedule for talking to colleagues and will have to communicate asynchronously frequently.
- Integrate into the existing Intelligence team and take requirements from Intelligence Analysts and Technical Analysts as internal customers.
- Autonomously develop requirements based on anything from vague mission statements to very detailed technical specifications (such as information gained by Software Reverse Engineering).
- Implement system software components in languages such as Golang or Python, making choices about implementations yourself. Trading off rapid development versus scalability and performance will be a question you will often have to ask yourself.
- Produce presentation layers for gathered data or integrate into other existing databases and knowledge bases.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or work-related discipline/ﬁeld from an accredited college or university. Equivalent ﬁeld experience considered.
- 4+ years experience preferred with direct experience as a developer.
- Intimate familiarity with Linux and running services on Linux.
- Familiarity with database systems such as MongoDB, ElasticSearch, SQL, Cassandra and their tradeoffs. At least 3+ years experience working with such database systems.
- Familiarity with docker and container orchestration systems.
- Ability to communicate technical detail into succinct and fact-based business terminology, both verbally and in writing.
- Customer-focused mindset, with demonstrated skill in managing expectations, providing proactive status updates, and delivering high-quality products.
- Ability to use independent judgment to make sound, justifiable decisions and take action to solve problems.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work independently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work on a geographically distributed and diverse team.
- Familiarity with the AWS cloud ecosystem (e.g. EC2, S3, VPC, ECS)
- Experience developing Web UIs, e.g. Single-Page-Applications (SPA).
- Experience offering scalable and well-documented HTTP APIs for customers.
- Work experience with malware analysis or general software reverse engineering.
- Experience from Information Security Capture-the-Flag (CTF) competitions or comparable offensive information security experience.
CrowdStrike is a leading provider of next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post-incident response services. We are the fastest growing endpoint protection company, one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success. The CrowdStrike Falcon platform uses sophisticated signature-less artificial intelligence/machine learning and Indicator-of-Attack (IOA) based threat prevention to stop known and unknown threats.
- January 2018: Awarded #1 in the Visionaries quadrant of the 2018 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Endpoint Protection Platforms.
- February 2018: Great Place to Work
- Ranked No. 34 Best Medium Workplaces by Fortune magazine and consulting firm Great Place to Work
- Ranked No. 25 most attractive start-ups to work for by LinkedIn
- Closed $100 million equity financing round, at a valuation of over $1 billion dollar (backed by Accel, CapitalG (Google), and Warburg Pincus)
- Best Security Company and Best Behavior Analytics/Enterprise Threat Detection in 2017 SC Awards
- Ranked No. 8 Best Workplaces in Technology, according to global research and consulting firm Great Place to Work® and Fortune Magazine
Join our mission at CrowdStrike today!
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.