Jr. Escalation Engineer
Position at HotSchedules
The Jr. Escalation Engineer will be responsible for the technical support for our portfolio of products and help keep HotSchedules running smoothly for our large and growing user base. This position will collaborate with our Customer Care team to identify and resolve problems observed in our web, client-side and mobile applications. Strong problem-solving skills, technical knowledge in a variety of areas and the ability to multi-task are essential.
Work closely with our Customer Care team to:
- Resolve problems preventing our client-side application from successfully interfacing with Point of Sale systems.
- Diagnose network connectivity problems affecting data transfers from our customers.
- Identify enhancements and tools that can help the team be even more effective.
- Determine the root cause of those rare bugs we have
- Coordinate with Development and QA to get those fixes into the product.
- Expect to exercise your SQL skills, and work with our Infrastructure group for issues regarding schema and data issues.
- Populate our wiki with articles on troubleshooting techniques, application functionality, etc.
- Must be willing to participate in on-call rotation
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Systems, related technical field preferred
- 3+ years supporting production systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to discuss technical issues with a non-technical audience
- Proficiency in troubleshooting, code debugging, performance tuning
- Must be able to handle multiple issues concurrently and see them through to resolution
- Must be initiative based and self-motivated
- Familiar with SCM systems like Subversion, Git/GitHub, Bitbucket, etc.
Should have a minimum of three of the following:
- Node.js application development (preferred)
- Comfortable using REST and/or SOAP APIs (preferred)
- Java and application servers like Tomcat (preferred)
- NoSQL databases such as MongoDB and/or SQL, JDBC, and relational databases
- TCP/IP networking
- MS Windows troubleshooting (Sysinternals utilities, etc)