Lead Front End Engineer
Novi Labs is a venture backed rapidly growing artificial intelligence driven company based in Austin, Texas. Our mission is to improve economic outcomes for our customers on their Oil & Gas investments.
The Oil & Gas sector has vast amounts of data, but has historically struggled to derive actionable insights from it. Novi was founded by industry experts, data scientists, and experienced software engineers to solve this problem. Our heritage in the industry combined with our experience building scalable, data driven analytical software applications positions us to help customers optimize multi-billion dollar annual capital investments.
Novi’s customers include innovative Oil & Gas operators and forward-thinking energy investors. Collectively, they invest hundreds of billions of dollars in capital annually to find and develop energy assets. Novi improves outcomes on these investments through applied artificial intelligence - which enables reducing risk through data driven optimization. Stated simply, we help our clients choose the best way to invest their capital.
We pride ourselves on our ability to attract great talent by offering a challenging, collaborative, and rewarding work environment. We have a track record of inventing real solutions to challenging problems and a reputation for building great software that our users love. Our team includes data scientists, software engineers, data analysts, and customer success experts building and supporting a ground breaking software solution.
The Lead Front End Engineer position will help shape the future of Novi with quality code that allows us to evolve with the needs of our customers. We are looking for engaging team members who will make an impact and grow with the company. You will work to improve the existing code bases and architectures while developing a point of view around how to evolve and improve Novi’s software on behalf of our customers. You will have an opportunity to impact shaping the future of our product and culture on a daily basis.
- Manage release, task delegation, and work closely with other Novi engineers and designers to craft a beautiful and engaging product, collect feedback and iterate quickly
- Tackle challenging problems, such as quickly rendering complex charts, efficiently handling large amounts of data, and designing sophisticated frameworks to flexibly handle unforeseen Customer requests
- Collaborate across the Engineering and Customer Success teams to brainstorm solutions to customer problems
- Mentor junior engineers
- Collaborate with data scientists and back-end engineers to quickly ship features
- Take ownership of key quality metrics, such as live-site quality, performance, and reliability
- BA/BS degree a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Strong foundation in Computer Science fundamentals
- Minimum of 5 years of front end development experience with at least 2 years in a senior engineering role.
- Basic understanding of good visual design
- Experience designing, building and refactoring large scale customer facing web applications
- Experience with React & Redux preferred, but strong mental model of browser based applications required
- Experience with d3.js, webGL, and/or other web-based data visualizations frameworks preferred
- Experience with AWS
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility and accountability
- Flexible and able to multi-task; can work within an ambiguous, fast moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities
- Professional work environment with a clear understanding of work/life balance
- Heath/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible Leave Policy
- Friday Lunch Provided
- Free Drinks