Lead, Manager Development
What is cool about this job
We can't deliver on our value of "Where the Best Get Better" without managers who are equipped to effectively select, develop, and retain our best talent. You will play a meaningful role in helping our managers learn and grow by developing and delivering a customized curriculum. You will be an integral part of our team of creative, and fun-loving learning and development professionals, making a difference in the lives of our colleagues.
The day to day
- You will develop strategy for overall management curriculum, including content for aspirational managers as well as existing managers (from new manager orientation through to more senior management development programs)
- You will design, develop, and deliver relevant, high-impact, interactive learning solutions that support the development of our managers and ensures learner participation, comprehension, and application
- You will lead all aspects of management development programs including communication, logistics, pre- and post-work
- You will conduct Train the Trainer sessions to extended facilitators as appropriate
- You will become certified in and deliver ongoing experiential "outward mindset" training for managers and employees that reinforces our values, culture, and collaborative ways of working
- You will monitor and evaluate management training and continuously improve content over time to ensure optimal learning outcomes and increased performance
- You will build and maintain effective working relationships with internal partners and vendors, through consistent communications and responsiveness
- You will research, screen, and organize potential outside vendors as needed
- You will support company-wide manager development communication efforts
- Work with the L&D to deliver other programs as appropriate
Your expertise and passion
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field required, with a preferred focus on Instructional Design, Organizational Leadership or equivalent
- 8+ years of experience in a learning and development environment within a corporate setting coordinating and facilitating management development programs
- Prior people management experience
- Knowledge of the concepts and principles of adult learning and the ability to apply these concepts and practices to training design
- Proficient in curriculum design, ability to design and build programs from strategy to final product
- Consults with business leaders to understand their perspective of learning and development needs and what gaps need to be addressed.
- Conducts research to gather additional perspectives/context and to clarify scope of identified learning and development needs.
- Proposes potential solutions to address learning needs, considering both training and non-training options that would support transfer of learning.
- Writes learning objectives, develops design, and builds materials to reinforce objectives and engage participants in the learning experience (could include classroom presentations, self-guided videos, e-learning, job aids, etc.).
- Demonstrates subject matter expertise and presence by facilitating in a style appropriate for the audience and the session topic.
- Collaborative and strong interpersonal relationship skills at all levels
- Strong project management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong desire and flexibility to be a part of a high growth company with an entrepreneurial spirit and a dynamic, results-oriented culture
- Business experience in a high-tech environment is a plus
The perks & benefits
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn't like time off)
- Transportation (Downtown parking or commuter reimbursement)
- Lunch (Provided Monday – Thursday)
- Gym membership discount