Machine Learning Engineer
We are honored to be recognized as a multi-award winning organization. We've been ranked as a Top Workplace and a Best Place to Work in Austin. We've been ranked multiple times in the Inc. 5000 and Inc. 500 for fastest growing companies in the U.S. You'll also find us on the Austin Business Journal's Fast 50 growth awards list multiple times over the last 5 years. We're growing the right way, and we need exceptional talent to help us build upon our successful story.
Talroo's data-driven talent attraction platform enables companies to reach the best audiences to deliver hires. Providing access to Jobs2Careers, one of the largest job search platforms in the industry, Talroo takes an efficient, market-based approach to finding talent. Talroo was created to unify the Jobs2Careers brand with a growing suite of employer solutions. Within our exciting company, you’ll find an environment of collaboration, encouragement, transparency, and fun.
About the position:
The Machine Learning (ML) Engineer position is a high-impact role at Talroo. We are looking for an experienced Machine Learning Engineering practitioner to help scale and expand high value business initiatives utilizing machine learning. You will be joining a team that understands the real-world business opportunity that machine learning enables and how it can transform businesses. At Talroo, we embrace fast, iterate A/B testing to fail fast and learn quickly. The result is real, measurable revenue and profit impact.
The ideal candidate will have a proactive attitude with a strong background in computer science. If you have a proven ability to learn, explore, and quickly turn the latest technologies into value, then you are the perfect candidate.
You will be joining a team of our most experienced engineers and a founding engineer of the company with strong industry experience in search/information retrieval. As a high impact teammate, you will help with everything from data ETLs to model serving to test reporting. This unique opportunity will expose you to deep insights into the business and entrepreneurship.
What we are looking for in a highly qualified candidate:
- Machine Learning
- Stays up to date on the state of the art in the data science community through consuming the latest technical papers.
- Quickly tests latest ideas by prototyping them against real data.
- Track record of iteratively improving models through offline metrics and online A/B tests.
- Develops high quality online serving/inference systems.
- Experience with gradient boosted trees (XGBoost, MML Spark), deep learning (Tensorflow, Keras, Big DL) and associated artifacts (models, NLP, embeddings).
- Big Data
- ETL and featurization using scalable systems like Apache Spark.
- Comfortable with simple and complex data wrangling through high level languages like SQL.
- Extensive experience in Java, Scala or Python programming languages.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and modify existing code bases.
- History of turning high level ideas into high quality products.
- Ensures quality by monitoring data quality, deployments, and runtimes.
- Excellent computer science fundamentals (time and space analysis, optimizations, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Takes calculated risks and learns quickly from their failures.
- Experience with search technologies (Solr, Lucene, etc.) and Ad Tech (DMP, DSP, RTB) is a plus.
- 5 years of professional industry software development experience required.
- 2 years of professional machine learning experience
- Must be permanently eligible to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship.
Currently, the team is working to improve many facets of the job recommendation process. This involves gathering data from billions of monthly job queries to create, test, and iterate on machine learning models. When successful, we help job seekers find their perfect job faster and employers receive a higher quality of candidate.
- Very competitive compensation package
- Company-paid gym membership
- Comprehensive, company-paid health, vision, and dental insurance premiums for you and your dependents
- 401(k) retirement plan with 3% employer contribution
- Paid company holidays, vacation and sick time
- Fully-stocked kitchen
- Awesome company events
Talroo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.