Manager, Application Operations
Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 40,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
About the Role
We are looking for a dynamic, high-performing Manager, Application Operations for our Infrastructure Engineering & Cloud Operations team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to oversee the design, analysis, implementation of best practices, build out, configuration, and support of Blackbaud’s software.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Manages a staff of 5-8 individual contributors (Production Service System Administrators & Engineers) including supporting career development, employee engagement, time approval, staffing and quarterly reviews
- Coordinate the work activities of the team including overseeing the day-to-day work execution and functional area processes, ensuring high availability for all operations services
- Prepare work specifications and project schedules, ensuring activities are well coordinated and that projects are completed within deadlines and budgets
- Develop, implement and review standard operating procedures and work practice that focus on promoting and supporting standardization and continuous improvement
- Develop stakeholder relationships, working with teams across the business to ensure upstream and downstream processes exist to support meeting SLAs and OLAs
- Research, evaluate and recommend new technology that provides increase performance and reliability.
- Create and maintain high-quality documentation of all relevant specifications, systems, and procedures.
- Utilize technical understanding to translate technical requirements and specifications into easily understood business concepts and vice versa
- Considered the primary point of contact to others within the organization and expected to brief upper management of technical aspects of core team’s projects, product issue resolution, personnel development plans and status, organization issues/progress
What we’ll want you to have:
- College degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or equivalent professional experience
- 2+ years building and managing technical teams of 5+ individuals
- 5+ years relevant experience in an IT engineering, support or administration role supporting Linux, Java, Open Source, and/or common web applications
- Preferred experience with cloud based services (e.g. Azure, AWS, etc.)
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 and Fortune’s Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks like onsite gym, free snacks, café, and cutting-edge new headquarters to be completed in 2018
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.