Opcity helps real estate brokers, lenders and settlement service providers serve online customers. The number of home buyers/sellers who start their process online is growing much faster than the industry as a whole. Opcity makes the real estate experience better by instantly and seamlessly matching consumers to the best agent for them, and facilitates the buying and selling process by connecting and coordinating the vital services within the home buying/selling ecosystem. Through its proprietary matching algorithm and SMS/Mobile live-transfer distribution platform, Opcity is able to instantly connect the best agent with the highest probability of conversion to the right consumer at the right time. Opcity’s matching model is based on eighteen (18) years of agent historical performance, predictive analytics, and a learning model of iterative improvement. Opcity’s network of providers, technology platform, and toolkit allow Opcity to be the primary concierge for the consumer during the home buying/selling experience.
Opcity has been recognized and ranked by many as “Best Place to Work” and steadily expanding our team. We are looking for a Platform Engineer who is a Software Engineer at heart and obsessed with availability, passionate about automation and energized by growing with a company who has the same mission and sees the value. In your past, you have designed and implemented applications and infrastructure for high-traffic sites and have mentored engineering teams doing the same. You are a proactive communicator and solutions seeker, comfortable with adapting to changing requirements, and have an eagerness to use your technical expertise to facilitate productive discussions.
This role is new to the department and we are looking for a Lead Engineer who will fully automate our deployment and CI/CD process. You would also be building out a Docker Orchestration Platform and help define a standardized process for adding and deploying services.
We offer a laid-back, team-oriented working environment, and all members of our engineering team enjoy tremendous opportunity for continued growth. .
Job Duties / Responsibilities
- Maintain and support our existing systems running on AWS
- Ensure systems are highly available, scalable, and self-healing
- Develop tools to rapidly deploy and monitor custom applications
- Build tooling to support infrastructure as code
- Define and implement security best practices
- Anticipate technical risks and develop solutions to mitigate them
Experience & Skill Requirements
- Experience in either development, operations, or full-stack implementations
- Demonstrates programming capability in a high-level programming language such as Ruby, Python, Java, C# or other language
- Successful in providing continuous delivery solutions, preferably employing AWS
- Linux or Windows command-line capability
- Familiar with core suite of AWS Services related to DevOps, with particular depth in those that are heavily used when providing DevOps Automation solutions, including the Management and Deployment services such as AWS CloudFormation, OpsWorks and IAM
- Experience establishing and employing Continuous Integration practices and tools such as Jenkins or other CI tools
- Frequent and comfortable use of containerization tools such as Docker
What We Like To See / Measures of Success
- Self-motivated and a deep feeling of ownership
- An understanding of DevOps mentality and tools
- Strong intuition about system stability - high availability, edge cases, and failure modes - and an ability to diagnose complex problems across an entire architecture
- Experience with at least one configuration management system (Ansible, Salt, Puppet, and/or Terraform)
- Exposure to security best practices: OWASP, PCI/DSS, SOC 2, ISO 27001
- Bachelor's degree in computer science and/or relevant work experience
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship.
The position requires prolonged standing or sitting and repetitive hand and wrist motion. Operates phones, computers, fax machines, copiers, and other office equipment.
Diversity is important to us, therefore, Opcity is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Opcity will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.
Read Full Job Description