Principal Software Engineer
Spreetail is a profitable and growing ecommerce company that builds technology, markets products and manages warehouses to offer the best prices on tens of thousands of items. Our purpose is to make a dent in the universe by delighting millions of customers, creating opportunity and wealth for our team, and revolutionizing the communities we touch.
Spreetail is growing rapidly; our team is challenged every single day to outwork and outthink the competition. We move fast, and no one has the luxury to wait around for someone else to make the first move. We dive in, we learn, we adapt, sometimes we fail, but we never remain stagnant.
We look for team members who embody our mantra:
Be relentless. Pursue challenges. Act like an owner. Raise your bar. Practice humility. Make Spreetail better.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will:
- Lead the design, development, and deployment of critical, large scale products.
- Act as a source of knowledge as a technical subject matter expert in your field.
- Translate the needs and demand of our products into implementable technical architectures.
- Work alongside and mentor other developers.
- Advise on proper technologies, frameworks, and patterns according product goals.
- Set, and enforce, the standards and best practices of engineering throughout the organization.
- Participate as a passionate thought leader in the community.
You should have:
- 8+ years of experience building and leading teams of software engineers.
- Firm grasp of cloud-based infrastructure and technologies.
- Expert background in in building, deploying, and rapidly scaling distributed systems.
- Firsthand knowledge designing high throughput systems.
Spreetail isn’t just a job or career, it’s a lifestyle that isn’t for the faint of heart. Expect to put in the necessary hours each week to get the job done and break out of your comfort zone to tackle problems and pursue innovative solutions. If you’re looking for a challenge and a career you can grow with, Spreetail is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for.
We’ll reward you with:
- Stock appreciation rights
- Leadership development opportunities
- Untracked time off
- Group health insurance
- Yearly company trip
- Regular company-funded events and activities
- Dollar-for-dollar donation match
- Home purchase bonus after 2 years of employment
- Beach getaway after 3 years of employment
- 10-day sabbatical after 5 years of employment