Duo is hiring a Sr. Production Engineer in our Platform team. If you’re passionate about solving hard cloud security problems at a hyper-growth company, love working with brilliant teammates, and want to help the world’s organizations realize easy-to-use security capabilities, then this role is for you.
What you’ll do…
As a Production Engineer, you will deliver secure, cloud-based services as part of our Trusted Access Platform. Together with your engineering team, you will own performance and uptime of production systems and share on-call responsibilities. In this role, you will also create solutions that will keep our service reliable and fast at all times, design and improve automated tools for systems management and monitoring, and partner with multiple engineering teams to analyze and debug deployed systems.
Skills you have…
- 2+ years experience with Python, Perl, Ruby or other dynamic programming languages. Experience with Twisted a plus.
- Experience building frameworks and tooling to solve most operational issues you encounter.
- Experience with Configuration Management Systems such as Ansible, Chef, Salt, or Puppet.
- You have experience building highly scalable systems to support millions of active users. Experience with IaaS platforms like AWS, Azure, and Google Compute Engine preferred.
- You’re a LAMP guru. You’ve worked with SQL databases like MySQL, NoSQL stores like Redis, or something in between. You have troubleshooting skills that range from diagnosing low-level OS issues to large-scale failures within distributed systems.
- You have working knowledge of large-scale internet service architectures like load balancing, clustering, distributed systems, content delivery networks, service-oriented architectures, and message queueing systems.
- You are detail oriented and situationally aware. You have that knack for identifying problems before they happen. You’re an owner in everything that you do.
- Experience with mentoring, coaching, or conducting “Brown Bag” talks for peers on and off your your immediate team.
4 Reasons why you should apply…
- You love continuous improvement. You identify issues/opportunities and translate those into results. You automate anything and everything you can.
- You want to be a part of something big and make a difference. Duo is changing the face of security, and is protecting many of the world's top brands. Downtime is not an option.
- You are not afraid to challenge the status quo. You approach conflict in a constructive manner and help to identify root causes of problems, offer corrective actions, and participate in the solutions.
- At heart you are a Developer that lives and breathes the #OpsLife, strives to reduce manual intervention, and solve issues through repeatable process and automation.
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are Duo, and we’re here to democratize security for everyone. Our mission is to protect the mission of our customers like Facebook, Twitter, and Etsy by making security simple. We’re a diverse crew of makers and builders, skaters and coders, filmmakers and DJ’s, teachers and students brought together by a shared belief in adding value to the world. This diversity allows us to bring an empathetic approach to solve some of the most complex global business and security challenges faced today.