Professional Services Engineer
Datical is a fast-paced startup providing disruptive technology in the rapidly growing DevOps market. We’re not your typical startup; our management team comes with a history of successful startups: Phurnace, Build Forge, Gazzang, Bazaarvoice, Troux, Relativity and more. We’re well funded by S3, Mercury Ventures and Austin Ventures. In 2017 we were on DBTA's list of 100 companies that matter most in data! And, our growing list of Fortune 500 customers means we’re looking for the best and brightest minds to join our team and be a part of the next big opportunity in Austin!
This position performs technical implementations and training with Datical clients.
The Professional Services Engineer will:
- Perform customer implementations (requirements, design, implementation, testing, and documentation)
- Provide training and technical support
- Share customer needs with product management
- Participate in the broader account team for the assigned clients
This position is responsible for customer implementations – both on-site and over the phone. Professional Services Engineers develop a long-term partnership with customers to ensure they remain successful and realize the full value of their Datical investment. This includes day-to-day management of technically complex and demanding implementations, developing and executing upon an overarching technical strategy, detailed issue tracking, root cause issue recognition and resolution.
The ideal candidate will have professional services experience with external customers and will be highly technical.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with clients, management, and peers
- Effective cross-department communication
- Assist and contribute the coordination and development of training for clients.
- Document and communicate problem/resolution and information/action plans
- Good understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience implementing CI/CD platforms such as Jenkins, UrbanCode, Bamboo, CA Nolio, GoCD, Octopus, and XebiaLabs
- Working understanding of Git, SVN and TFS
- Experience supporting databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 and Postgres EnterpriseDB
- Experience supporting enterprise-level applications is preferred
- Must be technically capable to accomplish the following:
- Identify issues
- Duplicate/recreate issues
- Define solutions
- Verify solutions and communicate to customer
Project Management Skills
- Understand, prioritize and drive resolution of issues through hands-on involvement and highly effective communication between responsible parties at the client site and Datical.
- Use project management methodology to thoroughly document, prioritize, track and drive customer requirements and technical solutions for 2-3 month projects.
The ideal candidate has 5-10+ years experience in progressively responsible roles relating to professional services in the software industry. This role requires 25%-50% travel to customer sites to provide training and implementation services.
Candidates should have experience working on professional services teams. All candidates will be subject to technical and background screening. A college degree in Computer Science or other technical field is preferred and applicable experience will be considered as an alternative to a degree.