Opcity helps real estate brokers, lenders and settlement service providers serve online customers. The number of home buyers/sellers who start their process online is growing much faster than the industry as a whole. Opcity makes the real estate experience better by instantly and seamlessly matching consumers to the best agent for them, and facilitates the buying and selling process by connecting and coordinating the vital services within the home buying/selling ecosystem. Through its proprietary matching algorithm and SMS/Mobile live-transfer distribution platform, Opcity is able to instantly connect the best agent with the highest probability of conversion to the right consumer at the right time. Opcity’s matching model is based on eighteen (18) years of agent historical performance, predictive analytics, and a learning model of iterative improvement. Opcity’s network of providers, technology platform, and toolkit allow Opcity to be the primary concierge for the consumer during the home buying/selling experience.
QA Engineer Description:
QA Engineers work with our Product and Engineering teams to ensure we’re delivering a quality product experience to our users. QA Engineers demonstrate strong technical acumen, are passionate advocates for our user’s experience, and bring a detail-oriented, problem-solving attitude towards supporting our team’s ability to ship projects quickly while anticipating risk.
Job Duties / Responsibilities:
- Work to understand requirements and identify different use cases and usability concerns
- Develop and maintain test plans and test cases for new features and existing functionality
- Track defects and resolutions, and communicate with the team on defect prioritization
- Identify automation opportunities in our test plan and build automated regression test scripts
Experience & Skill Requirements:
- 2+ years of full-stack automated testing
- Experience coding in Python, Ruby or similar programming languages
- Minimum of 2 years of industry experience
- Extremely strong written and verbal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of testing web applications on various browsers, devices, and form factors
- Experience creating or extending test automation frameworks
What We Like To See / Measures of Success:
- Open to working on all aspects of testing including manual and automation verification
- Enjoys understanding requirements, anticipating project risk, and discovering bizarre bugs
- Self-motivated and a deep feeling of ownership
- Exposure to working with a team that develops web-based products
- Experience with JIRA / similar bug tracking systems
- Experience with SQL a plus
- Basic knowledge of Unix and AWS or similar cloud platforms
- Data and metric-driven with regards to quality and test coverage
The position requires prolonged standing or sitting and repetitive hand and wrist motion. Operates phones, computers, fax machines, copiers, and other office equipment.
Diversity is important to us, therefore, Opcity is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Opcity will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.
Read Full Job Description