Who We Are
Astronauts needed for a mission.
At the risk of sounding immodest, SecureLink may be the coolest company you've never heard of. After 14 years in business, we announced a strategic investment from Vista Equity Partners in 2017. Vista is the leading technology investment firm focusing exclusively on software, data, and technology-enabled companies. With our partners, existing customers, products and people, we are excited to launch the company to a higher orbit.
SecureLink is the leading platform for secure, remote support of enterprise software. Our customers are top-tier names in healthcare, gaming, government, retail, legal and other highly-regulated industries.
SecureLink's world headquarters in West Austin is called the Hill Country Space Ship - a great facility we believe you would be proud to call your workplace. https://www.securelink.com/about/tourthespaceship/
What You'll Do
Work on a daily basis with the software products to certify their quality and make sure our customers are getting a scalable, stable, and reliable product.
Attention to detail: QA Engineers have a good general knowledge of the application and they understand the different components and interactions between them. They use the application on a daily basis and they have the knowledge and tools to verify the behavior is according to the specifications.
Feedback: Because of their great knowledge of the product, they are in a great position to provide accurate and valuable feedback regarding the existing feature set and in relation with new features being developed.
Engineering: QA resources are engineers at heart. As such, it is expected from them to use their engineering skills in order to optimize the process, create a robust set of tools that help in their daily tasks, and to be useful to other departments.
Mentoring: One key responsibility of the QA team is to provide training and mentoring to other departments in areas of the application where QA has deep knowledge. This can be in the form of manuals, training videos, or training sessions. Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Work with a team of QA engineers to certify the quality of the delivered products
- Ongoing improvement of processes in order to scale as the application and the team grow
- High attention to details
- Good overall knowledge and expertise of the tools available in order to improve their work
- Constantly looking for ways to improve the current processes
- Research new tools or methodologies to acquire in order to help the team with their duties
- Keep current and aligned with industry standards and best practices
What You'll Need
- 2+ years as a quality assurance engineer
- Scripting languages to code tools to automate daily tasks
- Knowledge of QA cycles and how to release applications
- Enterprise software knowledge
- Ability to understand complex systems and the relationships between their parts
- Numerical skills and understanding of data analysis/statistical methods
- Outstanding communication skills
- Great attention to detail and results-driven approach
- Reliable and trustworthy
Why Choose Us
SecureLink doesn't just Have Fun Creating Value Over the Long Run (HFCV/LR) for our customers and shareholders, we Have Fun Creating Value in the lives and careers of our employees. Benefits and perks include:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance - SecureLink foots the whole bill for employees and subsidizes dependent coverage at 75%!
- Wellness: SecureLink kicks cash into your HSA, $2,500 for those with individual coverage and $5,000 for those with family coverage. Employees are provided with a standing desk, healthy snacks, and have free access to an onsite gym.
- Retirement: SecureLink contributes 3% of your annual base salary to a 401k.
- Time off: Employees receive unlimited PTO, including time to volunteer. Additionally, we offer 10 paid company holidays.
- Perks: Our onsite kitchen provides employees with healthy options for breakfast & lunch every day. We kick back $100 per month towards cell phone reimbursement.
- Workspace: Casual dress code for our employees, and you will see many people around wearing jeans, and yes – even t-shirts and the occasional pair of flip-flops.
Happy and successful SecureLink employees embrace the company's mission to have fun creating value over the long run. Great employees have three attributes that make them "slinky". These are 1) excellence at their position, 2) eagerness to grow and improve and 3) a true sense of responsibility to meaningfully contribute to the company, customers, and culture.
If you are just looking for another job, this is not the place for you. We like to laugh and be around happy, smart, interesting, self-motivated and "slinky" people. Slackers, grumps, and pessimists need not apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.